This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guns guns guns

how has anyone shipped/transported guns and ammo into hawaii?has anyone brought their guns in with their luggage and what about high capacity magazines and other items.did one have to go to the hawaii police dept to register their guns and what if one doesn't?

Re: guns guns guns

A quick Google search would get you to the Honolulu Police Department's page on Firearm Laws in Hawaii.

Comment

never reged my shotgun then again it hasn't even been unpacked and i moved back 7 years ago
      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

What sort of trouble is it to bring it through security in the airport? It will be really weird bringing a gun to an airport. I am thinking to bring my handgun, I will leave all of my other guns with my brother when I leave since there will be no deer in hawaii I dont think I will register my gun when I get there either, then again It will never leave the house.

Comment

Spent the last year selling over a dozen pre-ban semiauto pistols and carbines on gunbroker.com and learned about shipping guns and ammo.
          Legally one must use their local FFL/gun store to ship to another FFL/gun store in another state.That regards selling guns to someone from another state.If one is just moving to another state,one can bring their guns with them,but some states require registration when one moves in.I will be shipping 2 9mm Berettas,1 .380 Walther PPK,and 1 .223 Ruger Mini-14 from my FFL to a gun store in Honolulu and then register them within the 3 day period Hawaii law requires.Have heard of people checking their guns in their check-on luggage and different airlines have different regs for firearms like locked cases,etc.Ammo must be declared to the shipper and they place ORD stickers on the packages.Hawaii also has a ban on over 10 round clips but what they don't know aint none of their business.One can also just ship their guns by USPS or moving companies with their household goods and not register them,but will be relegated to always hiding them and never being able to go to the range or hunt legally.

Comment

Originally posted by chadhender
            What sort of trouble is it to bring it through security in the airport? It will be really weird bringing a gun to an airport. I am thinking to bring my handgun, I will leave all of my other guns with my brother when I leave since there will be no deer in hawaii I dont think I will register my gun when I get there either, then again It will never leave the house.
            There are no mule or whitetail deer in Hawaii but they do have axis and blacktails on a few of the islands and feral pigs,sheep,and goats on most.If you have a shotgun lots of pheasant and quail hunting on the islands.Also stainless steel and polymer stocks are best for the salty moist air and 3 of my 4 are stainless.

Comment

you betta watch what what you all writing...you neva know who reading!

auntie lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

thanks all!
                definitely want to continue shooting and hunting so will register and do everything legalwise but am sure most of the gunowners who move to hawaii only register the guns they shoot frequently and have some just stored away just in case tshtf.
                burglars and looters beware!
                the men with their loaded blasters are coming to put you to sleep permanently!
                make my day!
                the coming collapse will be sooooo much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by aaa111
                  thanks all!
                  definitely want to continue shooting and hunting so will register and do everything legalwise but am sure most of the gunowners who move to hawaii only register the guns they shoot frequently and have some just stored away just in case tshtf.
                  burglars and looters beware!
                  the men with their loaded blasters are coming to put you to sleep permanently!
                  make my day!
                  the coming collapse will be sooooo much fun!
                  tsk, tsk, tsk, such VIOLENCE & Hate! When will people learn?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Auntie Lynn
                    I hope you mean, when will scumbag criminals and parasites stop trying to feed on the rest of us law-abiding, gun-owning citizens who won't hesitate to exercise our constitutional right to protect ourselves.

It's not mindless "violence and hate," Lynn. That is the germ that compels people to legally own firearms, so they can defend themselves against the threat from others, from these worthless scumsuckers who will steal and rob and rape and murder in the pursuit of their next hit of crystal meth. It is our right -- indeed, our responsibility -- to own firearms (and be trained in their use) for protection against the scum of the earth. We need to tip the balance the other way -- in our favor.

No more fear.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      I hope you mean, when will scumbag criminals and parasites stop trying to feed on the rest of us law-abiding, gun-owning citizens who won't hesitate to exercise our constitutional right to protect ourselves.

It's not mindless "violence and hate," Lynn. That is the germ that compels people to legally own firearms, so they can defend themselves against the threat from others, from these worthless scumsuckers who will steal and rob and rape and murder in the pursuit of their next hit of crystal meth. It is our right -- indeed, our responsibility -- to own firearms (and be trained in their use) for protection against the scum of the earth. We need to tip the balance the other way -- in our favor.

No more fear.
                      never mind.

Now, I ready for type. I once had a cousin who owned a firearm. A handsome cousin who knew how to use one. He was cleaning his firearm in the privacy of his home when BOOM it exploaded in his face. He was young and starting life. Yes, old enough to own a firearm and knew how to use one.

He left a young wife and child.

As for scumbags. I agree with you there are many who are as you described. Many who are also lost who don't do as you say. I know...I am in LOVE with one. Not all addicts fit the descriptions you listed. I also am a former drug addict. I never stole, raped, or murdered for my next hit. I make five years clean this September. My love is paying his debt to Society. I am overjoyed that he is in OCCC - if he wasn't there, I would more than likely be burying him in a grave.

People change. There will always be the good and the bad. Society must be always prepared to protect themselves from the bad. Nobody is safe nowdays. However, to judge everyone the same is unfair. I respect how you feel and understand why. Please respect my feelings also.

Mahalo,

Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; March 2, 2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I believe in the right to bear arms for ones protection and all the good stuff. I'm not a gun person myself. I've never been around them or been schooled in them so I'm totally ignorant as an ordiance person. I'm a bat person myself.

My sister however grew up schooled in firearms and was on the rifle team and could shoot somebody's eye out.
                        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Read the laws at that website.

If you choose not to register some of your firearms, that's up to you. We don't need to know that. Just know that this state is not gun friendly. You use one of those unregistered handguns in defense of your home, you will go to jail. For that matter, you'll go to jail even if you used a registered handgun. Laws, here, would rather you and your family lay down and die rather than stand up to perps, with a firearm in your hand defending the lives of your family.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Auntie Lynn
                            understand tongue-in-cheek?having fun?i definitely believe in the the right of the law-abiding to self-defense against the lawbreakers but who doesn't except the lawbreakers or lawyers.1/3 of women in the usa are raped but they wouldn't have been if they had a .38 snubnose to shoot their rapists in the groin.
                            and like rome ,the british empire,and every militarily extended bankrupt empire in history,america is due for a economic and social collapse.when american society wakes up one morning and finds out dollars are worthless and banks are closed,what happened in new orleans will be childs play.i lived in la during the riots and as the looting mobs came closer to our neighborhood,the men in our neighborhood with the guns were suddenly really popular and were the ones who protected our neighborhood with warning shots that had the rats fleeing.when those looting cowards came up against armed citizens,they showed their true colors.no more pradas and benzes and bread and circuses will turn this rome into one big looting rioting mob but i'm prepared.any day now everyone will find out i was right.

Comment

Originally posted by aaa111
                              understand tongue-in-cheek?having fun?i definitely believe in the the right of the law-abiding to self-defense against the lawbreakers but who doesn't except the lawbreakers or lawyers.1/3 of women in the usa are raped but they wouldn't have been if they had a .38 snubnose to shoot their rapists in the groin.
                              and like rome ,the british empire,and every militarily extended bankrupt empire in history,america is due for a economic and social collapse.when american society wakes up one morning and finds out dollars are worthless and banks are closed,what happened in new orleans will be childs play.i lived in la during the riots and as the looting mobs came closer to our neighborhood,the men in our neighborhood with the guns were suddenly really popular and were the ones who protected our neighborhood with warning shots that had the rats fleeing.when those looting cowards came up against armed citizens,they showed their true colors.no more pradas and benzes and bread and circuses will turn this rome into one big looting rioting mob but i'm prepared.any day now everyone will find out i was right.
                              It will never come to what you describe. You watch too much movies. Take a Lithium. No, take two.

Auntie pUpule

Comment

Working...
                              X