Mike Gabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Gabbard

Mike Gabbard, former Honolulu City Councilman, is back on the radar. Now he's running for Brian Kanno's state senate seat.

Re: Mike Gabbard

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Mike Gabbard, former Honolulu City Councilman, is back on the radar. Now he's running for Brian Kanno's state senate seat.
    Quite frankly... I'd rather vote for Aunty Lynn.

The Gabbards and their beliefs...along with their church members view...
    pretty much scare the **** out of me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      The Gabbards and their beliefs...along with their church members view...
      pretty much scare the **** out of me!!!
      Amen, brother :/

Comment

For those folks who weren't here at HawaiiThreads during the 2004 election season, we had a long Case v. Gabbard thread at the time where we talked quite a lot about Mr. Gabbard.

Comment

Don't say the G-word, that guy is scary. Back in '02 he had campaign banners up all around Kailua that made him look like he was white (seriously, he looked caucasian!). Having grown up there I know some people call it Haoletown, but the race-play by Mr. G was uncalled for. I got pics of the nativity scene and christian propaganda he put up next to Honolulu City Hall last December.... WHAT separation of church and state?! The Legislature is probably better off for the fact that Tulsi Gabbard got mobilized.

Jewlipino

Comment

I don't know about Gabbard, but his guru Chris Butler, it sure sounds like he doth protest too much: views on homosexuality

Comment

Originally posted by Jewlipino
              Don't say the G-word, that guy is scary. Back in '02 he had campaign banners up all around Kailua that made him look like he was white (seriously, he looked caucasian!). Having grown up there I know some people call it Haoletown, but the race-play by Mr. G was uncalled for. I got pics of the nativity scene and christian propaganda he put up next to Honolulu City Hall last December.... WHAT separation of church and state?! The Legislature is probably better off for the fact that Tulsi Gabbard got mobilized.

Jewlipino
              White and Christian instead of Pacific Islander and Gaudiya Vaishnava? What little faith this public servant must have in the equality ideals of the United States of America! Yet he has the gall to think that this attitude will earn him even higher offices.

We haven't even talked about his extremist views yet!
              Last edited by Vanguard; March 24, 2006, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Here's a letter I sent to the Lahaina News when he ran for congress.

Editor,

Candidate Mike Gabbard is doing a lot to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from him, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from candidate Gabbard, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My neighbor has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

I know candidate Gabbard has studied these things extensively, so I am confident he can help. I thank him for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Comment

Well, Hobie1616, you're still around so no one smited (smote?) you! Pray, tell, what was the candidate's response? I see scawee people!!!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Mike Gabbard is a piece of work....Selective Christianity is so popular these days. LOL
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      Well, Hobie1616, you're still around so no one smited (smote?) you! Pray, tell, what was the candidate's response? I see scawee people!!!
                      I was more interested in the voters response. They more than exceeded my expectations by soundly defeating his hate mongering ass.

Comment

Let us know if you get a publish.
                        Last edited by Vanguard; May 16, 2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hobie1616
                          I know candidate Gabbard has studied these things extensively, so I am confident he can help. I thank him for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
                          Don't forget...

"if god can do anything... can he make a rock so big he can not move it?"

Comment

And now Mike Gabbard has decided to switch parties and become a Democrat.

My brain wants to explode.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. The only issue Gabbard had in common with the local GOP was the same-sex marriage issue. While he had the support of the local Christian conservatives, he does not call himself a Christian (which is why hobie1616's letter to the editor actually doesn't make sense -- there was nothing Biblical in Gabbard's rationale).

I still can't stand him, at least politically.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X