Ala Moana Center (and immediate area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ala Moana Center (and immediate area)

Seems like a desireable place for living.. but is it?

I don't know the reality of it.. but I love walking around the Ala Moana Center in general and proximity to Barnes-and-Nobles and all the rest.

Was reading a bit about some of the housing options though.. and read there was also a lot of low-income renting options and one person referred to it as sketchy.. but personally I didn't see that. Of course it was an online comment so I can't really get a sense of the person's background to make sense of their comment.

Anyways.. what are others perceptions of it? And is it expensive or not so expensive to live in that area of HNL?

Re: Ala Moana Center (and immediate area)

It's expensive to live in most areas of HNL!

The "Ala Moana Center area" has multiple personalities, as do most neighborhoods. After all, you have the luxury condos springing up to the west like weeds (Nauru, Hokua, Moana Pacific). You have some low-rises and lots of businesses mauka of there, and you have Waikiki and some older condos to the east. I suppose you could call Ala Moana Park at night sketchy... at least until a couple of weeks ago.

I guess the apartments (and older homes) mixed in between Kapiolani, Piikoi, S. King and Kalakaua might not exactly be the fanciest... but I've known several people who live there (a few got their start in Hawaii there), and while it may not be pretty, it was home. It's got lots of traffic and noise, but at least you won't pay $1,300/mo. for a studio!

Comment

Re: Ala Moana Center (and immediate area)

I wonder if the apartments in that area are larger than newer ones. Seems to me that usually older rentals are larger than newer ones.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
      X