Moving to Maui in 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Maui in 2 years

3 vyeras tops, my husband and I gotta get rid of our debt, pay off our that we just bought and we're on our way. We figure 2-3 years is enough time to do that and save money. Getting a small apartment or condo would be perfect! We've been there twice and love it, it's so beautiful!

Re: Moving to Maui in 2 years

Originally posted by hangloose_island_girl
    3 vyeras tops, my husband and I gotta get rid of our debt, pay off our that we just bought and we're on our way. We figure 2-3 years is enough time to do that and save money. Getting a small apartment or condo would be perfect! We've been there twice and love it, it's so beautiful!
    Erm, how long have you stayed each time you've visited Maui? Has it been long enough each time for you to get a "real" feel for what island life on Maui is going to be like? Please do more research so you don't go there and are disappointed. One good way to become more familiar with the goings on on Maui is to read the online version of the Maui News daily. That will give you an idea of the good, the bad and the ugly of living on an island.

BTW: Welcome to HT.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by hangloose_island_girl
      Welcome to HT! But, what exactly is '3 vyeras tops' and what is it that you and your husband just bought that you need to pay off? Knowing those might help to determine if 2-3 years is feasible...esp. considering Hawaii's (in general) and Maui's (in particular) extremely high cost of living. Miulang's right! Research...research...research.

Comment

Sorry, I was typing fast and misspelled a few words. 3 years tops and paying off our new car. We do research everyday and read Maui News everyday. We've stayed for 2-3 weeks each time and we're going in October for a month. We also plan on going next year for a couple of months. We'll be doing plenty of research while we're over there.

Comment

Working...
        X