Why do we need "sweeps"? My Dream TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need "sweeps"? My Dream TV

I guess I do know why. Networks need to prove to their sponsors that people are watching their commercials. I just wish that the networks would provide quality entertainment on a very consistant basis without resorting to tricks like extending shows a few minutes or having a block of three 40 minute shows.

How about ABC showing a 2 hour finale of Grey's Anatomy on a different night? They just don't care that people like to watch other shows in that time slot. I vote for ABC as the "Least Caring" network.

My "Dream TV" would be one that played my favorite shows week after week without reruns. The shows would be exactly 30 or 60 minutes and start exactly on the hour or half hour.

I probably wouldn't need a DVR since Dream TV would organize the shows so there were no conflicts. If I did have a DVR, recording shows would be as easy as plucking them off an online schedule. No need to pad minutes or adjust start and end times or go back to VCR-style programming.

Ok..I am off my rant. That felt good!

Re: Why do we need "sweeps"? My Dream TV

This is why CABLE TV was invented.....got it?
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Re: Why do we need "sweeps"? My Dream TV

Hi Alohabear!

Did you mean cable tv channels with no advertising? I think I get it. No sponsors = no gimmicks.

Fox seems to have it down, though. My 24 is on every week, a new show, starts on the hour, ends on the hour. Consistency is vital to this kind of show. And a bonus: there are more episodes than most series! There are no recap shows like on ABC to give lazy writers a break.

Comment

Working...
      X