Apartment costs going down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment costs going down?

I just read an article in the honolulu advertiser which stated that apartments are becoming more available (then last year) and prices are going down. People in the article suggested trying to get landlords to lower their prices or add extra amenities. Does anyone have any experience with these new lower prices? Seems kinda hard to believe from what I've read.

Re: Apartment costs going down?

Here's a link to that article in the Honolulu Advertiser: "Rents turning in tenants' favor"

I couldn't help but note one statement in the article: "Despite a softening in the market, both landlords and renters emphasize that there is still high demand for well-kept houses, condos and townhouses under $2,000 per month in nice, family-friendly neighborhoods in town or in desirable communities such as Kailua and Hawai'i Kai."

So I think it depends on what kind of housing you are looking for. If you are looking for one of the more luxury style condos or the lower priced walk ups, you may have better luck right now on getting a better deal than before and without having to search for as long a period of time. But if you are going for more middle-of-the road housing, I suspect it's still a challenge. However, this is just conjecture on my part...I'm not actively looking until later on in the year.

Comment

still quite pricey, i agree with that.

Comment

The article suggests that many of the newly available units are ones that military dependents have recently vacated. Last time I checked, most soldiers' families generally weren't in the high-end rental market. So like AbsolutChaos says, it depends on what kind of apartment you're looking for.

Comment

my apartment keeps going up!

Comment

I don't think we'll see any relief in the next 4 to 6 months... but a year from now, it might be a little easier to find a place. Instead of 50 people applying for an apartment, you might get just 20...

Comment

Mine just went up. I can't even get my reality company to fix the broken stuff and replace the disintegrating drapes. I doubt I will see any new amenities.

Comment

Working...
              X