Don't Know Where to Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Know Where to Shop

I have been in Oahu three times but I have only seen ABC stores. Do you a Dollar tree store? I searched in the internet and found that you have Walmart at Waipahu. How about Safeway? Target? 99 cent store? Mervyn's. I am asking these questions because my husband is being offered a job in Oahu and I want to know if you have stores that are also found here in Sacramento.

Don't Know Where to Shop

I have been in Oahu two times but I have only seen ABC stores. Do you a Dollar tree store? I searched in the internet and found that you have Walmart at Waipahu. How about Safeway? Target? 99 cent store? Mervyn's. I am asking these questions because my husband is being offered a job in Oahu and I want to know if you have stores that are also found here in Sacramento. Where do you do your big grocery shopping?

Comment

Re: Don't Know Where to Shop

You must've been in Waikiki! We have Safeway, KMart, Sam's Club and Costco as well as lots of local (well not all owned locally anymore) stores like Foodland, Times Supermarkets, Sack 'n Save and Longs. Three or four Wal-marts too not just the one you mention. Plenty of places to spend your money and get stuff you need. Sadly, no Target or Trader Joe's.

Comment

Kona, Big Island

No Target
        No TGIFridays
        No Olive Garden
        No self serve car wash
        No ob/gyn's
        No Tap Plastics
        No Best Buy
        Not enough termite guys

The list goes on and on. With Kona growing the way it is, many national chains will start to consider us.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

There are Safeways here. No Target, but there is a 99-cent store. I don't know about Mervyn's, but I haven't seen one around. There is Zippy's, which Sacramento doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilikina731
            I have been in Oahu three times but I have only seen ABC stores. Do you a Dollar tree store? I searched in the internet and found that you have Walmart at Waipahu. How about Safeway? Target? 99 cent store? Mervyn's. I am asking these questions because my husband is being offered a job in Oahu and I want to know if you have stores that are also found here in Sacramento.
            The 99cent store is near the corner of Ward and Auahi. There are 3 Walmarts (iirc!) on Oahu, several Safeways, no Targets and no Mervyns. We do have PriceBusters, Ross', Pier1 and Whole Foods (I think that's the name) is being built as I type. We also have Sears, Macy, Needless Markup...a bunch of mainland stores, actually. Sad, really. Bring back the mom 'n pops!

Comment

I want to know if you have stores that are also found here in Sacramento.
              we don't want em. we got too many of 'em as it is. we don't want our towns resembling sacramento. or any other mainland generic town. it is getting that was too much as it is. don't wish that on us.
              Originally posted by tutusue
              The 99cent store is near the corner of Ward and Auahi.
              the are needing to alter their name. it now 99 cents and up, merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                the are needing to alter their name. it now 99 cents and up, merchandise.
                Poop! And up...to what? Do ya know? The Murakai store in front has always had highly inflated (imo) merchandise. The 99cent Store has been great for casting props...never hafta look at price tags either. Now I'll need to bring my glasses! I guess inflation is getting the best of 'em.

Comment

was at marukai 99 cent store. some things are now 1.49.
                  can't say the prices are raised, tho.
                  just that most was .99 and some were 1.49

Comment

Pretty soon it will be called the $10 Store.

Comment

You need to venture outside of Waikiki to find stores other than ABC. Being to O'ahu doesn't mean "just Waikiki". I'm sure we have as many various stores as Sacreamento, since both cities have the same population.
                      Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        was at marukai 99 cent store. some things are now 1.49.
                        can't say the prices are raised, tho.
                        just that most was .99 and some were 1.49
                        Aha! Now I get it. They've started importing some high end merchandise! Hopefully some of the labels will be in English!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          [...]There are 3 Walmarts (iirc!) on Oahu[...]
                          Don't forget the Wal-Mart Supercenter they're planning to build in Kapolei.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
                            Don't forget the Wal-Mart Supercenter they're planning to build in Kapolei.
                            Hmmm...it's not a matter of forgetting! I wasn't even aware of it! Jeez...that's so close to the Kunia Walmart.

Comment

supposedly target will be in the kapolei area...

Comment

Working...
                              X