Quiznos in Iwilei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiznos in Iwilei

The Quiznos next to the Iwilei Costco opened this week.

Re: Quiznos in Iwilei

We have a quiznos here in Northern California. I enjoy there hot ham, chese, and mushroom sandwich. It reminds me of the one I used to like from Magoos pizza place.

Comment

Boy, it's about time. I've been puzzled by businesses' slowness to establish themselves in that space. Quiznos has been promising an opening there for more than a year!

I love the food at Quiznos, but I hate places that sell you big eat-it-with-your-hands food and serve it in a small basket (y'heard, Kua Aina?). I swear I'll never eat at Quiznos again unless I've got my own plate with me.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I had a large sandwich on Monday and that plate was just right for that sandwich. Of course they did have plastic forks and knifes available for dealing with the stuff that falls down from the sandwich.

Comment

For you quizno lovers, that's good & all,
          but, since they showed their first comercial on t.v.,
          well, since then, it hasn't really peaked my interest
          into getting up & going there. Sorry gang.
          Now, each time I see the name in their building(s),
          I automatically remember their comercial, & my stomach
          decides to turn quizy. You know the old adage saying....
          "First impression is everything". Well, I got
          impressed, alright. ,
          enough, to not go there & try it, myself.
          Besided, I have heard better places to go
          than just Quiznos, any way.
          To each their own, like I always say.

Aloha.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
            For you quizno lovers, that's good & all,
            but, since they showed their first comercial on t.v.,
            well, since then, it hasn't really peaked my interest
            into getting up & going there. Sorry gang.
            Now, each time I see the name in their building(s),
            I automatically remember their comercial, & my stomach
            decides to turn quizy. You know the old adage saying....
            "First impression is everything". Well, I got
            impressed, alright. ,
            enough, to not go there & try it, myself.
            Besided, I have heard better places to go
            than just Quiznos, any way.
            To each their own, like I always say.

Aloha.
            That stoopid commercial that looked like a 3-year old's weirdest nightmare was geared toward the "young and hip", and those of us who were turned off by that series of ads obviously aren't "young and hip" anymore (thank god!) The guy who created that "voice" (Joel Veitch @ rathergood.com) laughed all the way to the bank with that one. Quiznos actually makes some pretty tasty sandwiches but I don't like my sandwiches toasted most of the time, so I rarely go there.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I liked those ads. The actual subs are way too greasy for me, but I liked the ads a lot.

We love the subs!
              cuz they are good to us!
              the quizno's subs!
              they are tasty, they are crunchy, they are warm because they toast them!
              they got a pepper bar!

We love the subs!
              We often dream of them!
              THE QUIZNO'S SUBS!
              If we wished upon a star we'd want a hundred toasted subs or more!

we love the subs!
              subs are a dollar off
              when you bring in a coupon
              for things to eat or oil changes or pony ride or for hair plugs
              any coupon works
              beware of paper cuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                I liked those ads. The actual subs are way too greasy for me, but I liked the ads a lot.
                Hey Glen, den you must be one young and hip guy, yeah?

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Hey Glen, den you must be one young and hip guy, yeah?
                  I don't think my teenage daughter would agree that her dad is "young and hip". More like "geeky and embarrassing".

Comment

Eh Glen...what do teenagers know? Heck my teenage boys tell me to turn down my music because they can't concentrate on their homework! Man first my parents now my kids scolding me for my music!

I tell my boys, "Me lamo! Our generation invented Nike, the Internet, MTV, and all the friggin sports drinks! You guys just abuse it".

Adults rule! Literally.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I've never eaten at a Quiznos. What's different from a Subway?

Comment

They toast the bread and meat, the offer three different sizes of sandwiches and you can add your own pickles and peppers.

Comment

And they're not afraid to advertise a sub sandwich that'll kill you sooner than a Big Mac.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                            I've never eaten at a Quiznos. What's different from a Subway?
                            Hot sandwiches, primarily. As Helen noted, they're a "toasted sub" outfit versus a "cold sub" place. (Of course, Subway does nuke some of its sandwiches.) Subway has soups, as does Quizno's, though the latter seems to emphasize salad and dessert options more.

And Craig also noted that Subway is really trying to position itself as a healthy option, whereas Quizno's emphasises taste. Their menu is considerably heavier and richer.

There is one notable difference not mentioned so far, however, and that's price. Quizno's is aiming for a slightly "higher end" sandwich market, so while you can get a sub combo from Subway starting at about $5, you can expect to spend closer to $8 for something basic at Quizno's. My tastebuds would love to eat Quizno's subs more often, but my wallet finds the basic turkey at Subway more palatable.

Comment

Do your local Safeways inb Hawaii have made-to-order deli sandwiches? Man, those are really ono! and they only cost like $4.99 for a 6" sandwich. They put more stuff in those than at Subway and you can even get a low carb version (they'll turn it into a wrap instead of using their usual artisan bread). If you have one of their club cards, buy 7 and you get the 8th one free and you get air miles, too.

Mulang

Comment

Working...
                              X