Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can say...what cannot say...ways around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can say...what cannot say...ways around?

Admins-

I'm sorry if I have used foul language in my posts.
    Is there some where that I can find initials/codenames/ummm etc...
    to fill in the blanks when I would normally want to submit a swear word.

For example..... If I wanted to say "F*** that... should I just use that"

I know I have posted for awhile... but I think a more thorough definition of what is and what is not allowed would help.

I have done my best to keep my language clean... and I enjoy posting here...sometimes I see things slip by the admins...and I wonder...hey...they swearing and not getting lickings by the admin...

I have read the FAQ's...

However, I'm wondering if there is a way that I can swear on HT w/out offending anyone under 18? any sort of FU smilies or Sh*t smilies? etc?

OK...everyone spam me and call me Manoa the potty mouth.... however sometimes a good swear word really put's definition behind what you are saying.

Re: What can say...what cannot say...ways around?

Manoa, wat ya drinking and how much? put it away now before you get into trouble posting silly kine stuff up!

auntie lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Manoa, wat ya drinking and how much? put it away now before you get into trouble posting silly kine stuff up!

auntie lynn
      nah...for reals...

i being legit here!

Comment

Simple. Don't swear. If you know enough to ask, or to asterisk-out a word or try to spell it funny to be "clever," just find another way to say what you want to say.

We're largely an articulate bunch and can find ways to express ourselves without profanity.

The occasional swear word slips through, yes. So does the occasional personal attack, or pointless LOL-only or smiley-only post. While I do moderate, I'd prefer to just urge members to maintain a certain level of discourse.

Comment

mahalo for bringing this up. I regret to admit that I have typed the word sh*t and @sshole more than a couple of times, although completely in the context of being futless, instead of humorous. In conversation, I swear when I mumble...usually. Typed out, I grarfrgrumblerurmumblerurehrgreerrr. Kudos to Yosemite Sam for teaching me how as a young'un.

pax

Comment

I know what you're sayin' Manoa. Sometimes a "strong" word gets the point across, but our tongues or even posts, if not worded well can just stir up the ire of others without conclussion, eh?! Can't reach an "Agree to disagree" arrangement when tempers flare. Just as an example.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

S*** on a stick and stick it in the oven! Are you mother******s saying we can't f***ing use g*d**** swear words in our c**s***ng posts?

I had no idea.

Comment

Working...
              X