LAX to Honolulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX to Honolulu

Anyone live in both places, CA and HI? I met a bunch of people travelling on my flight that make regular flights between Honolulu and California for work. One guy makes surfboards on Oahu, and distributes them from his Los Angeles location to around the world. One lady has an office in San Diego and one in Honolulu for a company called Nova Sol.

Anyone here make regular trips for business or pleasure?

Re: LAX to Honolulu

With my former job, I used to travel pretty regularly between LAX & HNL (once a quarter). I had an office in Pearl City and another in Mau'i.

Comment

Between 1986-1988 I was back and forth every other week. The company rented a condo on Century Park East (across from the Century City shopping center and a block or so up Olympic from the Days Inn). I worked at Beverly Hills Country Club on Motor Ave. in Culver City.

I racked up about 100K in Mileage Plus miles, now all gone.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Cool. I went to high school in 1986 right across the street from Century City. That was originally used as the set for Planet of the Apes movie. I remember going after school to the mall and playing video games in the department store, Atari and Intellivision. Actually, the whole Century City mall is being rebuilt, and right now it is not much more than scaffolding.

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan
          Anyone live in both places, CA and HI? I met a bunch of people travelling on my flight that make regular flights between Honolulu and California for work. One guy makes surfboards on Oahu, and distributes them from his Los Angeles location to around the world. One lady has an office in San Diego and one in Honolulu for a company called Nova Sol.

I usually spend about a week per month in California. My 'ohana has owned real estate there since the early 20th Century and it's a nice change of pace from the Big Island and O'ahu.

Cheers,

Jonah K
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan

This is the dream for me. I do music...composing, producing, recording and mastering, so I can do my work anywhere because I work for myself.
            The dream for me is to have a place in Hawaii...Kailua or North Shore would be ideal...and spend 2-4 months (maybe even more) in Oahu, and then the rest of the time in LA. I'd love to have a condo or small house in Oahu, and have a room setup to work in...bring a laptop, and have some instruments at the Island house, and work when I have to, and the rest of the time I can enjoy hawaii...

This is the dream....I figure, lots of people do it, so why can't i ?

I'm working on this.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
              This is the dream for me. I do music...composing, producing, recording and mastering, so I can do my work anywhere because I work for myself.
              The dream for me is to have a place in Hawaii...Kailua or North Shore would be ideal...and spend 2-4 months (maybe even more) in Oahu, and then the rest of the time in LA. I'd love to have a condo or small house in Oahu, and have a room setup to work in...bring a laptop, and have some instruments at the Island house, and work when I have to, and the rest of the time I can enjoy hawaii...

This is the dream....I figure, lots of people do it, so why can't i ?

I'm working on this.
              Stay true to your dream - you'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                This is the dream for me. I do music...composing, producing, recording and mastering, so I can do my work anywhere because I work for myself. The dream for me is to have a place in Hawaii...Kailua or North Shore would be ideal...and spend 2-4 months (maybe even more) in Oahu, and then the rest of the time in LA. I'd love to have a condo or small house in Oahu, and have a room setup to work in...bring a laptop, and have some instruments at the Island house, and work when I have to, and the rest of the time I can enjoy hawaii...
                Watch out - once the music of Hawai`i gets into your ears and your soul, expect some changes in your own style. Be sure to spend time LISTENING, listening, and listening some more; it's not like anything else you've ever heard. (Yeah, I been infected...no cure...)

Comment

<<Stay true to your dream - you'll get it>>

That's what i keep telling myself. I'm pretty serious about the goal too.

<< Watch out - once the music of Hawai`i gets into your ears and your soul, expect some changes in your own style. Be sure to spend time LISTENING, listening, and listening some more; it's not like anything else you've ever heard. (Yeah, I been infected...no cure...)>>

Well, I really love the Hawaiian Lounge stuff from the 50's like Arthur Lyman, Martin Denny, and more Hawaiian sounding surf stuff too. I guess the Polynesia of the 50's is what really floats my boat, but for instance, that IZ guy has SOME voice....

I know, Hawaii is callng, and it IS infectious. The fact that we're not able to make the trip this year during 4th of July is REALLY bumming me out...my fiancee's b-day is July 3rd and we've made the trip the past 2 years. So now I'm bumming that we can't do it this year, as we've kinda decided to make it a tradition. Watching the fireworks on the beach at Kailua Beach was pretty amazing...the year before it was Hilo.

By the end of the year hopefully, we'll make another trip, but the part time living situation is the goal.
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                  X