Game console/platform rentals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game console/platform rentals???

Hi - I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Honolulu where I can RENT game console/platforms such as PS2 or XBOX? Not the games, the actual console. My family and I are visiting my mom again this summer from overseas and don't want to drag our kid's console all the way over. It adds too much weight and takes up space in the luggage. I know Blockbuster's rent games, but I want to know if they or anyplace else rent the actual platforms that play the games. I tried finding the email address for Blockbuster's but found none - only the local phone number, physical address, map and store hour information etc..Thanks, if anyone knows the answer to this one!!

Re: Game console/platform rentals???

Blockbuster has one of those online email forms here but, in my experience, they're pretty much ignored. Still, it's worth a try.

I was hoping Hawaii Rent-All on Beretania St. had a web site, but they don't.

Your fastest option will probably be to call.

Comment

Thanks! I will try to contact Blockbuster via email. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to be that anyone out there has heard of game platform rentals.

Comment

If any HT members had heard of the rentals I'm sure they would've mentioned it. We're a chatty bunch here!

Comment

Here is a better option...

Travel the island with your kids and go to many out door activities...

Take it as a vacation and get away from Monitors/TV's/Games... etc... and just enjoy the time with your family.

There are plenty of free things to do that I'm sure your kids would appreciate much more in the long run then seeing their buddies Mario and Luigi on the TV screen.

By the time night time falls... they'll be so tired they will just want to eat and go sleep!

Save that money on the game consul and take the family to the Zoo or the Waterslide park...etc...

Manoa

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. However we are a yearly return-visit family, staying at my mom's in the summer for a month. I grew up in Hawaii too, so it isn't really like we don't know what to do or where to go to spend time. One of my boys are pre-teen, and the other is almost 9. My mom only has basic cable, so there aren't any of the kids cartoon networks that my boys would like to watch on their spare time at home. The idea of the rental game console was just for spare hours at home in my mom's place, like in the evenings. Although we do always go out and about during the day, we aren't die hard sun and fun type of people, so we get a handful of hours outdoors and it's more than enough for us. We used to take along our small PlayStation when we visited each summer to Hawaii. It came in handy when my husband and I wanted some time out and about alone without the kids. They could enjoy their games in my mom's home from time to time. But that game console, we no longer have, and has been replaced by the bigger PS2 and the Xbox, which we don't want to drag all the way to Hawaii. Hence the inquiry here on the site regarding rentals, if any in Honolulu. My boys aren't allowed to play their games on weekdays during the school year, only sparingly on weekends. But now that summer is here, it's their free time to enjoy it as they don't get to as much during the school year. And since we usually stay in Hawaii for a month each summer, kids our age easily outgrow the usual attractions. Basically it's time for them to see grandma. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions again. We are looking forward to July 4th though - sunset picnic at magic island, fireworks...

Comment

Here's another suggestion, then. Buy a used console at Toys n' Joys, and then at the end of your stay, sell it back to them. If you're there for a month, I'm guessing that would be cheaper than renting a console.

Comment

yeah if anything, i'd buy one there and then take it back from wherever you got it from for a refund. i did it 5 years ago when i went back home to the big island for my dad's funeral and stayed the entire summer. i know it's kind of sinful, but how many different times department stores rips off the consumer? i figure it's a way for payback against the system. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy91
                  yeah if anything, i'd buy one there and then take it back from wherever you got it from for a refund. i did it 5 years ago when i went back home to the big island for my dad's funeral and stayed the entire summer. i know it's kind of sinful, but how many different times department stores rips off the consumer? i figure it's a way for payback against the system. LOL
                  It's not only sinful, it's unethical too. I know Nordstrom's is famous for saying you can bring back any item anytime for a refund, but it's kind of hard on the little businesses when you do that because it means money out of their pocket. And unless you were doing it to the same department store that ripped you off before, how can you say it's a good thing to do? Doing something like that is costing everybody in the form of higher prices.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I think Glen was suggesting buying a USED system from Toys N' Joys, then selling it back to them, which is partially what that business does: Buy & Sell used systems and software.

You'd take some lo$$ for sure, but that just might be cheaper than paying a daily or weekly rental fee. Plus, as a consumer, you'd be "ethically correct".

Have you been in the EXPANDED Toys N' Joys' Waialae location lately? Man.. talk about being in HEAVEN for gamers and anime/import toys & collectibles fans! Don't take your kids in there if you know what's good for your wallet.

What a difference from that "hallway" they used to operate out of next door.
                    Last edited by Pomai; June 22, 2006, 03:26 PM.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                      I think Glen was suggesting buying a USED system from Toys N' Joys, then selling it back to them, which is partially what that business does: Buy & Sell used systems and software.

You'd take some lo$$ for sure, but that just might be cheaper than paying a daily or weekly rental fee. Plus, as a consumer, you'd be "ethically correct".

Have you been in the EXPANDED Toys N' Joys' Waialae location lately? Man.. talk about being in HEAVEN for gamers and anime/import toys & collectibles fans! Don't take your kids in there if you know what's good for your wallet.

What a difference from that "hallway" they used to operate out of next door.
                      Buying recycled is certainly ethical. I was talking about going to KB Toys or someplace lidat and doing da same thing.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X