Discovery Bay Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Bay Residents

I'm looking to stay in HI for a short period beginning October. I have a friend that has recommended I look at Discovery Bay because of its location, parking and amenities. I'd like to hear your opinions so please post your experiences staying at Discovery Bay, both good and bad.

Some specific questions I have:

1. What's the best and cheapest way to get into a short term lease at Discovery? (Month 2 Month)

2. Is it quiet during the day? (I work from home)

3. Close to nightlife? (I like going to local clubs/bars, etc. I'm in my late 20s.)

4. How is parking for guests?

5. Which internet service provider do you use? Are they reliable?

6. I'm a big fan of pools and pool bars. Are there any within walking distance that are open to public (or can be easily snuck into)?

7. How are the fitness facilities? I like to workout everyday so if the gym at discovery leaves something to be desired, is there a gym nearby?

8. I plan to bicycle around town, where can I keep my bike at the discovery?

9. Any comments on the culture/feel of Discovery and the surrounding area would be appreciated.

10.. Is the area/building a mixture of young/old, or more of one demographic?

Thanks! Zin

Re: Discovery Bay Residents

When I moved to Hawaii, my company put me in Discovery Bay as temporary housing until I could find my own apartment. So here's what I can answer for you:

2. Discovery Bay, especially a high floor, is pretty quiet during the day.

3. It's within walking distance of Ala Moana Mall (Mai Tai Bar, Jackie Chan's restaurant are in there.) If you like to walk, it isn't that far from Kalakaua, maybe 20 min brisk walk, which is the main area of Waikiki with lots of bars/nightlife.

5. I use Time Warner Cable for my Internet service, and I've no complaints.

6. Most of the pool bars don't care if you are a guest or not, as long as you buy something, especially. I'm not sure about sneaking into the pools, though.

8. I'm sure there is a bike rack at Discovery Bay, probably in their parking garage.

9. I liked the Disovery Bay area. Well-lighted, close to many of the nightlife places/beaches. yet not smack-dab in the middle of Waikiki, so traffic isn't bad. If the places weren't beyond my price range, I would have continued renting there.

10. When I was there it seemed to be a pretty good mix of young/old.

Comment

Working...
    X