Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-year high school exchange

Hi

I'm a 16-year-old boy from Denmark in Europe. This august I’m moving to Oahu and I will be staying there for one year so I was just wondering how life on Hawaii is when you are in high school. Not only in school but also in your spare time?

Mikkel Rydahl

Re: 1-year high school exchange

Aloha Mikkel...do you know on what part of Oahu you'll be living and what high school you'll be attending? How about the family you'll be living with...how many kids and their ages?

Welcome to HawaiiThreads. You're coming a long distance and hopefully it will be a wonderful experience for you. When I was a senior in high school we had a foreign exchange student from Norway. The year was 1962. I'm still in contact with her!

Comment

Aloha! Ditto to what Tutusue said. I have several nieces and nephews your age. I'm sure you will meet many students at your school where you will be attending. However, if you still want to meet other Local kids from Oahu, please PM me.

Good Luck!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Welcome, Mikkel! Hope you learn a lot on these message boards! I sure am!

Originally posted by tutusue
        Aloha Mikkel...do you know on what part of Oahu you'll be living and what high school you'll be attending? How about the family you'll be living with...how many kids and their ages? [...]
        Yeah, Mikkel, do you know what school you'll be going to? I remember talking with someone who said he'd be hosting a foreign exchange student at Wai'anae High, but I couldn't remember which European country the student would be coming from. Maybe it could be you!

As for life in Hawaii in high school... it's not shabby, I can tell you that. I'd say the best way to get to meet people and make friends, aside from attending classes, is through getting involved in school. Maybe join a Hawaiian studies club to learn a bit more about the host culture, or a volunteer service club to help out the community. But make sure you always make some time to relax and take advantage of what Hawaii has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty
          [...]Yeah, Mikkel, do you know what school you'll be going to? I remember talking with someone who said he'd be hosting a foreign exchange student at Wai'anae High, but I couldn't remember which European country the student would be coming from. Maybe it could be you! [...]
          If this is, in fact, you, Mikkel...you'll be going to school next door to where I live! Stay in touch with us, okay?!

Comment

Working...
          X