Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Did any on else catch this wonderful anthology show on TNT? Being a huge fan of Stephen King, I gave it a try and was not disappointed. I really like the fact that it's not all horror. It's on Wed. from 6:00pm -8:00pm Hawaii time on TNT.
    Last edited by alohabear; July 25, 2006, 06:20 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Nightmares & Dreamscapes

The promos looked promising, and we've got two episodes waiting for us on Tivo, but we haven't watched them yet. Glad to hear you describe it as "not all horror," as it's a genre that I'm not the biggest fan of. I'm hoping it's a bit like the shortlived "Amazing Stories" series by Spielberg, with the added benefit of having King's stories behind them.

Comment

Re: Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Well, we watched one episode, "Crouch End," last night. Even if "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" isn't all horror, that episode/story most certainly qualified.

It was good to see Claire Forlani again, but the guy who played her husband, Eion Bailey, I thought did an especially good job. The episode was beautifully shot, contrasting brilliant colors of one world with the pale, faded, Lomo-esque visions of the myserious town. And some elements and scenes were quite creepy.

But overall? Meh. The more they showed, the less scary and effective it was. I was expecting a lot more to the mystery than just a creepy town near a dimensional gateway, and a lot less Horror 101 -- you know, the hand coming out of the darkness, the jump cuts and spinning cameras, the nasty monster erupting out of the ground.

Though as my wife pointed out, Stephen King wasn't exactly known for subtlety, and considering the vintage of the short story it's based on, perhaps it's Horror 101 stuff for a reason!

I like the production values enough to check out another story or two...

Comment

Working...
      X