Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is gonna make some people mad - or make them laugh; where do you fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is gonna make some people mad - or make them laugh; where do you fall?

I sent this as a PM to someone on HT, who suggested I post it (I got NO shame whatsoever), so here is a summation of how some "coming to Hawai`i" posts look. WARNING: offensive language contained within, but as satire...

I've always been in love with the dream of paradise that is Hawa-yi. Though I've never been there, I just KNOW it's where I belong.

So me, my pregnant girlfriend, and our six dogs are going to move there next month. We don't have any jobs or family there, but that's okay, because we can just live in a tent on Waikiki for a few months, until we get jobs as teachers or something.

I just got a couple questions: we've saved up about $800 (well, we will, if I can sell my beater car for $750) - will that be enough to last us for at least a year? I know it's enough to get by back here, where we do everything the best way.

Also - will someone teach me to speak pigeon, so no one will know that I didn't grow up on Hawa-yi? I can probably buy you one beer as payment (domestic only.)

So, I know everyone will welcome me with open arms, and "da kind" aloha spirits when I get there, because that's what island natives are like, right? Unless you're all smug and uppity, in which case YOU CAN ALL GO F**K YOURSELVES, CAUSE I'M A REALLY, REALLY DEEP AND SPIRITUAL AND PEACEFUL PERSON, YOU IGNORANT S**T-HEADS!!!

=The Dood=

P.S.) People there are really accepting of different cultures, so my old swastika tattoos will blend in when I learn to ride the waves, yeah? I can copy some other native tattoos from a book before I get there, if you think that'll help.

Re: This is gonna make some people mad - or make them laugh; where do you fall?

I am shaking my head on the second paragraph alone. There is no way anyone can pitch a tent in Waikiki.

Comment

I'm laughing. Just link up the shopping cart train to a tarp and a tree and you're set.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        I am shaking my head on the second paragraph alone. There is no way anyone can pitch a tent in Waikiki.
        Heh! Like that'll be the LEAST of their worries. "Well then, I'll just squat in one of your li'l grass shacks on the beach instead."

Comment

Working...
        X