Drivetime - Mililani to Kahana Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivetime - Mililani to Kahana Bay

Which is the more practical way to go, if driving from Central O'ahu to Kahana Bay (about midway between Turtle Bay and Kaneohe)? Up and over the North Shore and down Kamehameha Highway (through Kahuku, Laie, Punalu'u), or down H-2 to catch H-3, up and over into Kane'ohe, and then up Kamehameha?

The distances aren't too different, and going "up" seems less backtrack-y than going "down," but that stretch of Kamehameha Highway between Turtle Bay and Kahana can really drag (though it is beautiful).

Which way would you go, if time (and not the view) were your priority? I'm leaving in a little bit to meet up with some camera geeks.

Re: Drivetime - Mililani to Kahana Bay

Go north. Send us photo links later.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Drivetime - Mililani to Kahana Bay

Funny you mention this...

I haven't taken the Kahuku Rt. recently... last weekend though dropped the father-in-law off at a place right off that Trout Farm Rd. right on that Horeshoe bend shown in your map.

We took H-3 over and then up Kamehameha Hwy. Traffic was a breeze at about 10:00 in the morning last Saturday.

Avoid this place if your hungry... it's right off the H-3 on the Route... It's called L & R Drive-Inn (The sign would almost make you think it's an L & L however they aren't affiliated and we were hungry). The eggs tasted like they were powdered and the service was delayed and our food brought at different times.

If you want a really scenic drive... however a little bit longer... go down the H-3 all the way to the base of it and then hang a left and follow the waters edge until you get back up to the Kamehameha Hwy.

Comment

Working...
      X