Pet friendly hotel/motels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet friendly hotel/motels?

First off, Hello or Aloha! As the title goes, I will be moving to your beautiful island of Oahu this coming September. I will be shopping for an apartment immediately but I need a place to stay for the first week or so that is pet friendly. I already have my pets documents in place with the strict requirements to bring him with me, have my plane tickets, and have a rental car. The only hotel I have found to be pet friendly is the W Hotel in Diamondhead, but it is 315/night which doesn't include 100+ pet cleaning fees. Trying to avoid that! Please help

Re: Pet friendly hotel/motels?

Originally posted by Hurricane350
    First off, Hello or Aloha! As the title goes, I will be moving to your beautiful island of Oahu this coming September. I will be shopping for an apartment immediately but I need a place to stay for the first week or so that is pet friendly. I already have my pets documents in place with the strict requirements to bring him with me, have my plane tickets, and have a rental car. The only hotel I have found to be pet friendly is the W Hotel in Diamondhead, but it is 315/night which doesn't include 100+ pet cleaning fees. Trying to avoid that! Please help
    Go to www.vrbo.com and look for vacation rentals that allow pets...You'll see in the listings that there is a little animal paw icon which means pet friendly. Most of them aren't but there ARE some that allow pets.

You can find stuff for as low as $100 a nite, and that's a studio condo.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Thank you for that resource. I have been mainly checking Craigslist temporary/sublets and vrbo blows it away! I already found a 1br condo for 500/week. Thanks again!

Comment

You can also check on letsgopets.com

Comment

And you may want to get yourself over to the Human Society website... they have a lot of useful info and links to pet friendly Rentals and buildings...

http://www.hawaiianhumane.org/progra...sing/index.asp

Good luck...
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

Question.

I thought pets were quarantined for a period of time when they arrive in Hawaii?
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Years ago, the quarantine deal was a major bummer... reason enough for folks to leave their pets behind. Now, if you get started on the shots early, document them correctly, and have everything in order when you arrive, your pet can basically come home with you (the 5-Days-or-Less program), rather than getting sent to quarantine.

Comment

Do call the Humane Society. I know they can put in you contact with a service that will find pet-friendly rentals for you. The service fee is very reasonable, and my friends found a great place in just a few days with its help.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                  Go to www.vrbo.com and look for vacation rentals that allow pets...
                  Useful site. I found a paw-marked place in the Waimanalo Beach lots, where I live, and I thought I'd mention that dogs on the beach are tolerated here, though illegal. I've been walking my dogs off leash for 12 years now without a problem.
                  Greg

Comment

Working...
                  X