Bus Route Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Route Question

Im back with another question. Im coming out there on Sep. 10th for 6 months and would like to know if the buses allow riders to bring surfboards on the bus or if they have a special compartment or rack that you can put your board in/on. If not, anyone selling a car that would last about 3 months for under $400. Thanks.

Re: Bus Route Question

There used to be a Beach Bus (back in the 80s, I think), but I don't think it exists anymore. So you're outta luck. However, if you've got a bike, you can get a special rack for your board -- I've seen a bunch of them in the last few years. For longboards, I've seen instead these trailers attached to the back of bikes, with the board secured to the trailers. Those are pretty cool.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scrivener brings up an interesting point...

If you had a surfboard attatched to your bike... do you think the bus would allow you to put the bike on those racks in the front?

Comment

Yeah, no surfboards any mores. Bikes yeah! With the right equipment and hope you you don't want to head all the way out to the North Shore, unless you live out there.
        Last edited by Menehune Man; August 13, 2006, 06:30 PM.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          If you had a surfboard attatched to your bike... do you think the bus would allow you to put the bike on those racks in the front?
          No.
          BUT!
          If you had a baby carrier attached to yer bike... and a baby in it... and especially if the baby were crying... they DO allow that in the rack.

Comment

Small boogie boards I think they would allow but not long boards.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              No.
              BUT!
              If you had a baby carrier attached to yer bike... and a baby in it... and especially if the baby were crying... they DO allow that in the rack.
              Kimo55, you are slacking off, you forgot to mention that the baby will need to wear a helmet : "it's the law" 15 yrs and under.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
                Kimo55, you are slacking off, you forgot to mention that the baby will need to wear a helmet : "it's the law" 15 yrs and under.
                But if the law was imported to Hawai`i by mainlanders...?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  But if the law was imported to Hawai`i by mainlanders...?
                  Well, I think it still holds true: all crying babies in carriers on bikes in bus bike-racks need to wear helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by frankyt88
                    Im back with another question. Im coming out there on Sep. 10th for 6 months and would like to know if the buses allow riders to bring surfboards on the bus or if they have a special compartment or rack that you can put your board in/on. If not, anyone selling a car that would last about 3 months for under $400. Thanks.
                    You can gather straight answers at www.thebus.org ... it's the Web site for The Bus.

These bananas in here are fun -- but not so helpful sometimes.
                    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                      You can gather straight answers at www.thebus.org ... it's the Web site for The Bus.

All right, all right.
                      To quote the website: "Skateboards and soft boogieboards are allowed, but hold them in a safe position. Baggage and other carry-on items which can be store under the passenger seat or on passenger's lap so that they do not protrude to another seat or otherwise interfere with other passenger are permitted. Only folding-type baby strollers are permitted." Guess that leaves out the option of babies in carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                        I thot we wuz the "boiled peanut gallery"?!?

Comment

Working...
                        X