what is best to sublet my condo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is best to sublet my condo

Hi, this is my first posting in this informative forum. I hope I have posted in the right place, please don't remove it because I am not looking to rent my condo through this forum, I only need some leads from the best people from this forum.

I just bought a condo in Waikiki, mainly used for my own (and friends)vacation stays for about 2 months or so. Trust me I want to stay longer, but like most of the people, we all need a job elsewhere. For the rest of the months, I am considering renting it, prefer long term rental, from 1 - 10 months. Does any one know any reliable rental agent or company that could effectively sublet my condo? Do they handle from posting to Turn Key and even possibly cleaning?

Thank you for all your help!!!

liy

Re: what is best to sublet my condo

I can't really make a recommendation (because of my job -- gotta stay objective, neutral, etc.) ... however, you can look up Property Management in the yellow pages or do online research via links at:

www.hicentral.com

It's the Honolulu Board of Realtors site ... and in addition to real estate agents, many property managers are also linked there.

Then, check them out through the Better Business Bureau ...
    http://www.hawaii.bbb.org/

... as well as the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs:
    http://www.hawaii.gov/dcca/areas/ocp/business_online/
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Thanks Erika for the info... I will look into those sites.

Also, another option would be posting in some of many vacation rental sites, would anyone suggest why I should do short term (Daily/Weekly) as oppose to long term? I prefer long term because less in/out keep the condo in better shape. Agree? My other concern with vacation rental would be needing to be cleaned all the time and to provide necessary Linens. Does anyone know of any good maid services and household necessity supplier I could use on demand? I know I can do all that by myself if I could be there as needed?

another question, what usually is included in a Resident Manager's duty? can he/she be help?

Thanks again for the help!!!

liy

Comment

If you don't live in Hawaii I believe you must have a property manager on island, even if it's just a friend. That was the way it was in the early 90s but laws might've changed. I haven't been a landlord in at least a decade...thank goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          If you don't live in Hawaii I believe you must have a property manager on island, even if it's just a friend. That was the way it was in the early 90s but laws might've changed.
          Nope, no change. That's still the law. Good input, Tutu!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just a quick question...

I never saw a property management degree program when I was going to school...
            so what kind of qualifications makes you a good property manager?

I've gone through 4 since I've lived in my place... they, keep changing every couple years... and I still don't get simple problems resolved like monthly yard service that is done every 2-3 months..

Name drop here...: National Mortgage.. which has now changed their name to:
            Hawaiian Properties, LTD.

My downstair neighbor has been without a working stove for over a month now!

Please be careful in whom you choose to be a property manager...
            I know who the actual "owner" of the property I rent is... However, she lives in Japan and own's many unit's here in Hawaii... I don't think she cares about what is going on with her properties as long as they are bringing in income.

Comment

Landlord Tenant Code

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                I never saw a property management degree program when I was going to school... so what kind of qualifications makes you a good property manager?
                A good manager should be certified through the Institute Of Real Estate Management. The website for their Hawaii chapter is http://www.iremhawaii.org/ . Click on the Certifications page.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs, I am assured now the property manager is way to go. I am going to look them up, but of course if anyone know of a repitable one, please post or email. In search for one, what do I need to know about him/her? if anyone know. Thanks again!!

Comment

so do you have any specs on this place? where? how much, etc? you'd like to rent it for....

just curious
                    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

In Waikiki by Kuhio near DFS, 1/1/1, 630 sqf + 100 sqf lanai, just remodeled, furnished, everything brand new. $2500 monthly, seem right? This is just for your Curiosity and your opinion. No intention to make a sale at all.

Comment

Wow. Is that what Waikiki studios go for now? 600 square feet for $2,500? I remember when a decent two bedroom in a secured building with ameneties would go for $2,000.

I can't say if it sounds right 'cause I haven't tracked Waikiki rentals in a while, but... as far as I know, it's gotta be a really nice unit and building for that price! As a condo, it has ameneties like a pool, gym, and stuff like that? The lanai sounds nice, though, depending on the floor and view...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          Wow. Is that what Waikiki studios go for now? [...]
                          Actually, it's a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 parking stall unit, PZ.

Comment

D'oh! Of course. I just saw 630 sq. ft. and thought studio. Of course, my first Waikiki apartment was a "one bedroom," when it really was one long room with a set of sliding Japanese-esque doors splitting it in half.

Comment

Yeah I know, many studio are getting roomier today. my is appr 25x30, simple floor plan, has a very homy feeling. View isn't great, not high floor, just city and street view, but at least it is not a wall of another building. I just bought it and will stay for a month before renting it. I am just going to hand it to a rental agent. But would love to get an idea how much I should really ask for...

Comment

Working...
                              X