Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other mommies?

Hello everybody,
    I just got to Hawaii 4 weeks ago with my little son, to visit his Daddy.I don`t know anybody around here and haven`t really met other moms yet...Is there some other mommies out there who`d like to spend some time with us?I stay in the Kapolei Area right now.
    Greetings

Re: other mommies?

There are several mommy groups out there, seemingly one for every large community and some have more than one. Some are more organized and formal than others, but in short, trust me, you're not alone. There are dozens of parents who hunger for an understanding ear and company that can speak in polysyllabic words!

I don't know about Kapolei, specifically, but you can start with the Stay At Home Moms group at Meetup. Looks like there's a group in Honolulu and Kaneohe, but the page also lists lots of other individual moms in various neighborhoods looking for friends.

This also sounds like the sort of thing Craigslist might help with. I've seen playgroup inquiries in the childcare category.

If you're just as interested in making adult friends in Hawaii as you are in connecting with other parents, there's The Newcomers Ohana, run by our very own AbsolutChaos. Even when the discussed events aren't specifically geared toward families, the mailing list attached to the group can be a great support group for those times you start feeling a bit isolated.

Comment

@Pzarquon:
      thank you for the reply and your help !
      Greetings

Comment

This is a list of mom-related clubs on the island:
        http://www.newcomersclub.com/hi.html

I know that one of the members of The Newcomer's Ohana is pretty active in a mom's club.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
          This is a list of mom-related clubs on the island:
          http://www.newcomersclub.com/hi.html

I know that one of the members of The Newcomer's Ohana is pretty active in a mom's club.
          Now that sounds like a good group to be part of..... I just requested membership.... let me in.

Mahalo
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
            Now that sounds like a good group to be part of..... I just requested membership.... let me in.

Mahalo
            I went ahead and admitted you into The Newcomer's Ohana.
            Last edited by AbsolutChaos; August 25, 2006, 08:54 AM.

Comment

@ AbsolutChaos:
              thank you so much,signed in to the moms club today and already made some contacts
              MAHALO
              Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                I went ahead and admitted you into The Newcomer's Ohana.

Mahalo nui loa!!!
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X