Hawaiian Civic Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Civic Clubs

Aloha - just wondering if there any HT members who already are members of civic clubs? or who would like to join? I'm not recruiting - just curious about peoples thoughts on the clubs.

Fran
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Re: Hawaiian Civic Clubs

Originally posted by anapuni808
    Aloha - just wondering if there any HT members who already are members of civic clubs? or who would like to join? I'm not recruiting - just curious about peoples thoughts on the clubs.

Fran
    Fran, do you know if the Wakinekona Hawaiian Club (not the canoe club, which I know is around) still exists in Seattle? I can't find their website any longer. I know a lot of Kamehameha grads used to belong to this hui.

Mahalos,
    Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I just checked on the Assoc. of HCC website and it isn't listed with the mainland clubs. The website is located at www.aohcc.org if you want to go look at it. I belong to Ka Lei Maile Ali`i HCC. We have our own site at www.kaleimailealii.net.

I really like the way the civic club structure works and the clubs do some really good things in their communities, including providing scholarships.

You could start your own club in Seattle if you wanted - you just need to start with 25 members (I think) and apply for a charter. I'm not really clear on all the "how-to" stuff but you could contact the mainland council and they could help you. You should be able to get that many member easily.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Miu - you should pose that question to Uncle Danny Kaopuiki; he'd probably know the status of that hui.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Miu - you should pose that question to Uncle Danny Kaopuiki; he'd probably know the status of that hui.
          Yeah, if we're at Kona Kitchen and see him, I'll go ask him (he and his family must eat there every week! LOL)

Fran:
          Mahalos for the link too. I will check there as well.

Mahalos,
          Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Yeah, if we're at Kona Kitchen and see him, I'll go ask him (he and his family must eat there every week!
            FYI - people will be at KK this Thursday night, from 6-9 pm, to celebrate Uncle Danny's birthday - make reservations!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              FYI - people will be at KK this Thursday night, from 6-9 pm, to celebrate Uncle Danny's birthday - make reservations!
              shoots! I'll be on Maui . If you go, please tell him haoli la hanau from me too.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                shoots! I'll be on Maui . If you go, please tell him haoli la hanau from me too.

Miulang
                Will do, as we are going. AF sez (commenting on your impending trip): "Awww...rough life. Eat some Guri-Guri for me."

Comment

Working...
                X