Harbor Pointe Condo Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Pointe Condo Community

Greetings! I find myself relocating to Oahu from the DC area for several years for work. I'm actually on my first trip here to look for a place to live. I was out looking at places today and I was wondering if anyone of you out there could tell me a little more about the Harbor Pointe Condomininum community (Moanalua Road) and/or it's surrounding neighborhood in Aiea ... good place to live? well run community? convenient to shopping, etc.? crime? Thanks!

Re: Harbor Pointe Condo Community

Um. Which ones are Harbor Pointe? There doesn't appear to be a website, unfortunately (I tried that first). Color, landmarks they're near, street address on Moanalua...

I live in Aiea (at least the P.O. thinks so), and I don't recognize that name at all.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the feedback of those who actually live in the Aiea area. It is not too far from a Home Depot and the only other landmark that I can remember is that there is a church right next to the entrance to the condo community, which is sort of tucked behind the church. As for an address I have 98943 Moanalua Rd. Hopefully this will help ...

Comment

Ah. Thank you, Google Maps. Ok, it's right behind St. MichaelTimothy's Episcopal Church on Moanalua Rd., across from Pearl Ridge Elementary School.

Well, shopping would be a snap. There's a humongous shopping center called Pearlridge about two blocks east on Moanalua, with Macys and Sears as anchor tenants, a movie complex with a few screens, a Longs Drugs, and a boatload of other stores. There's a Safeway, Office Depot, Bank of Hawai'i branch, City Mill hardware, liquor store etc. in Waimalu Shopping Center about half-a-mile west on Moanalua.

I live straight up the hill (in fact, my sister was married in that church), so I shop at both these places all the time. My nieces went to that school.

I don't know about those condos specifically, but the neighborhood is relatively quiet. There is a hospital on Moanalua and Pali Momi Street about a mile east of the condos, so there's ambulance noise to think of, although those units are pretty far off the main drag.

There's easy freeway access in both directions from there as well.

Hope that helps.

Oh, if you've got kids or a working spouse, that's a horse of a different color as far as me helping; I've got neither.

DC to Honolulu? My parents did that 35 years ago.
        Last edited by Linkmeister; August 26, 2006, 10:40 PM. Reason: Add the wife and kids disclaimer
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by trygtorb
          Greetings! I find myself relocating to Oahu from the DC area for several years for work. I'm actually on my first trip here to look for a place to live. I was out looking at places today and I was wondering if anyone of you out there could tell me a little more about the Harbor Pointe Condomininum community (Moanalua Road) and/or it's surrounding neighborhood in Aiea ... good place to live? well run community? convenient to shopping, etc.? crime? Thanks!
          About 3 years ago I remember checking out a rental at Harbor Pointe. It's right next to an old drivein theatre which now is called the Kam Swap Meet. The place that we looked at was nice and seemed to have a lot of storage space. The grounds looked well kept at the time. I have no idea what crime is like in that area. The mall is definitely within walking distance as is The Bus stop (if you want to don't drive everywhere). Hope this helps you some.

Comment

Thank you both for your advice and thoughts. It helps quite a bit to get some insider perspectives, as I'm sure that you can appreciate that it is a little difficult to make housing decisions when you don't know much about the areas that you are comparing. If anything else occurs to you about the area or if any others out there have some information on this condo community and/or the neighborhood, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the board.

I too will be moving from the DC/MD area at the end of the year to Oahu. Good luck with your moving.

Are you buying or renting.

I should be doing my condo hunting around November timeframe.

Aloha
              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
              Mark Twain

Comment

Queenolu,

Ah, then I'm only a few months ahead of you. I'm hoping to buy, since the rents are high and seem close to what you could be paying for a mortgage. Actually just got back to the DC area (NoVA) about an hour ago after looking at maybe 2 dozen places over the weekend. If you are considering buying, I am working with a realtor that I would recommend. Given the limited nature of my visit, he did a great job of getting me into as many showings as possible in different areas. I didn't find a place, but I now have a much better idea of what to expect and what areas I would like to focus on going forward. If you are interested in his contact info, let me know

Best of luck in your move!
                --Tina

Comment

Welcome back Tina. Wow, you went to HI just for a few days to Condo shop. Sorry you were not able to find something. I would think you will need at least a week. Hope you had some time to enjoy the Island.

Yes, I do plan on buying. I plan on going for at least two weeks because I have to definately come back with a contract in hand.

Do you mind sharing what you did find out from your visit with me? You can email me directly from my profile with your email or phone # and I can contact you.

Thanks for the offer, I have a friend over there that's a realtor that is working with me.

I am preparing my current house for sale right now and hope to have it on the market next week or so. The sooner it's sold the sooner I can be in HI.

Thanks
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X