HPD's online DUI pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD's online DUI pics

Well, if haven't had the opportunity to check it out, you have until Thursday (11/26) at 10 am to do so. The first batch of drivers arrested (but not convicted) for DUI have been posted on HPD's website.

And then every Wednesday at 10 am, for 24 hours, another batch of pics will be posted of drivers arrested for DUI the previous week.

So if you get caught drinking and driving, beware. Chances are, someone that you know (relative, friend, neighbor, workmate) will spot your mugshot.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: HPD's online DUI pics

that's it?

16 people?

Hell, even my mights at harbor pub had 8 times that many characters, who got caught, I dunno, I was sober but played drunk, ya know just to throw off the cops.

I am disappointed.

flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

There's 52 names on there, with 50 mugshots in all.

There's more than one page. Here are all the links, for those who can't find them.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Frankie,
        You seem to have lots of inside information!

Maybe you are the ex-Bob Jones, maybe you're Linda Lingle, but you certainly are more than you profess.

I can understand more now why you want to keep your ID incognoto.

No huhu - do what you gota do to do what you gota do. I'm not "out there" either, for some similar reasons.

I DON'T NECESARILY AGREE WITH OUTING 'ACCUSED' PRE-TRIAL, I think that's a violation of their rights.... and I'll try to get in touch with their lawyers for that as a defense, but I have little faith in the Hawaii system of justice... FWIW.

K
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

The announcement that HPD is posting mugshot of drivers arrested for DUI has been made on all the major local media outlets.

KITV

KHON

KGMB/KHNL

Star Bulletin

Advertiser

Long before HPD started this website, the names of all drivers arrested for DUI have been public information.

Finally, this six month pilot program was instituted under the administration of outgoing HPD chief Boisse Correa. So if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, blame it on Boisse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Frankie,

Maybe you are the ex-Bob Jones, maybe you're Linda Lingle, but you certainly are more than you profess.

No huhu - do what you gota do to do what you gota do. I'm not "out there" either, for some similar reasons.

I DON'T NECESARILY AGREE WITH OUTING 'ACCUSED' PRE-TRIAL, I think that's a violation of their rights.... and I'll try to get in touch with their lawyers for that as a defense, but I have little faith in the Hawaii system of justice... FWIW.

K
            Shhhhh...Jeez Obama...Kaonohi almost let the cat outta da bag!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Frankie,

{GASP} YOU'RE Gossip Girl!!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                that's it? 16 people?
                Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                There's 52 names on there, with 50 mugshots in all.
                I had the same problem Tattrat had, only one page showed up.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Long before HPD started this website, the names of all drivers arrested for DUI have been public information.

Finally, this six month pilot program was instituted under the administration of outgoing HPD chief Boisse Correa. So if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, blame it on Boisse.
                  Reminds me of "The Scarlet Letter."

Guilty until proven innocent.

Boisse was a good cop; his record shows it. He was also the most demanding chief this island has ever known; those of us who met his (reasonable, law-abiding) standards had no problem, but the slackers and the "if you're not cop, you're little people" abusers couldn't function under his guidance. No more 'skimming,' no more 'favors.' Honest law enforcement. I had no problem.

Blame Boisse? Get real! Boisse was not a lawyer, not a judge. He was a cop.

Frankie, you might as well say that since it started in Lingle's administration, we should blame her, or maybe we should blame Goofy Mufi! Or was it during the Harris admin that it started, oh ye great know-it-all?

Or, since you were the one who introduced it to HT, maybe it was YOU'RE idea all along? It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Take your bait back and shove it where the sun never shines. We are on to your manipulation, baiting and ego inflation.

Napoleon is right. At least your avatar is honest.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Blame Boisse? Get real! Boisse was not a lawyer, not a judge. He was a cop.

Frankie, you might as well say that since it started in Lingle's administration, we should blame her, or maybe we should blame Goofy Mufi! Or was it during the Harris admin that it started, oh ye great know-it-all?

Or, since you were the one who introduced it to HT, maybe it was YOU'RE idea all along? It wouldn't surprise me a bit.
                    So in your mind, I'm more responsible for the Honolulu Police Department website content than the police chief who just departed a couple of days ago?

And you base your judgement on the mere fact that I simply started a thread on this forum,.... nevermind that all the local TV stations and the two dailies reporting this very same website did so prior to my posting?

Fascinating.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 26, 2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

It was announced at the Kalihi/Palama NB Meeting before you posted it.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

So for only 24 hrs a week from Wed till Thur mornings, is when the previous week of DUI arrestees will be posted? Not many people will see it I think.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                          So for only 24 hrs a week from Wed till Thur mornings, is when the previous week of DUI arrestees will be posted? Not many people will see it I think.
                          I dunno. That's like reasoning that "not that many people" will watch a televised announcement of the winning lotto number just because it will only last for 10 minutes. The point is,... anyone who is interested in looking at the names and the photos of those arrested for DUI the previous week will know exactly which website to go to and when. The DUI wall of shame isn't meant to attract the attention of casual web surfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                            I had the same problem Tattrat had, only one page showed up.
                            Ditto. There was no indication that there were other pages.

Comment

... anyone who is interested in looking at the names and the photos of those arrested for DUI the previous week will know exactly which website to go to and when.
                              I guess my question would be "why?" I don't see why people (as suggested: "relative, friend, neighbor, workmate") would be interested in seeing this?

Then again, I don't give a rip about so-called "reality' television, either; it only encourages fools like the Heenes and the Salahis, whose actions have been relatively harmless, compared to what is still likely to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X