X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superbowl XLI: Bears v. Colts

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Chicago 28
    No way. You know I love you, Tim, but that's far too many points.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

1st in the Weekly
      2nd in the Cumulative

And yet, they still doubt me..........???

Guarantee it will be a track meet where both offenses go over 350 yards.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo! It's been 21 LONG years since my Bears have been in the big show! I GOTTA go with the "Monsters of the Midway".

Right or wrong I have no choice...Chicago born & raised, Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, & Bears fan for life!

Comment

The 18th annual Scripps Howard Celebrity Super Bowl Poll is out. Some highlights:
          • DUANE "DOG" CHAPMAN, bounty hunter: Bears, 35-28.
          • SCOTT ADAMS, Dilbert cartoonist: Colts, 21-7.
          • JESSE L. MARTIN, actor, "Law and Order": Colts, 31-24.
          • SEN. JOHN MCCAIN, R-Ariz.: Colts by 6.
          • SYLVESTER STALLONE, actor: Colts, 38-30.

Comment

I'll be watching this game mainly to see who has the best $2 million commercial. Some of the strangest ads roll out on this day.

The game? Don't know enough about either team to choose one. Seems the sentimental favorites are the Bears.

I have the old "Super Bowl Shuffle" 45 by the 1985-86 Chicago Bears "Shufflin' Crew" which I should rip to MP3. Would be funny to listen to it now.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My Super Bowl checklist:

Keg of Bud in trashcan of ice - pau
              Foodland run for chips and BBQ - pau
              Wife's famous chilicheese and 7-layer dip - pau
              Hines Ward jersey - pau (yah, I know Steelers aren't in it this year, but I'm still channeling last years game!)
              50" big screen rental - pau
              40-50 buddies and ohana ready to get crunk for the game - pau
              Locking up the keiki in a dark room with only bread and water until after the game - pau. jus joking!

Go Colts!

Comment

First, I would like to remind everyone of this post from last year's SuperBowl.

I've been thinking about this game for two weeks and have listened to everything Wilbon, Kornheiser, and their guests have had to say, and now I know what's going to happen.

Indianapolis 31, Chicago 19.

The Bears will run for some great yardage between their two backs, but I think Indy will keep them out of the endzone except for one defensive score. MVP: Reggie Wayne. Manning will put up decent numbers, but the key will be only one INT, either early or late.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Infamous incidents when the Super Bowl was broadcast on CBS / KGMB.

198? - HECO Power outage in Koolau's knock out KGMB's Super Bowl TV broadcast.

2004 - Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction gets CBS in a lot of hot water and fines.

Will CBS and KGMB come out of this one unscathed?
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I'm still a UH fan, but I will cheer for the BEARS any time.

GO BEARS!!.

02/04/07 Sunday 2:00 PM

BEARS = 14

Colts = 6

Aloha.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

At halftime it's Colts 16 Bears 14.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There is absolutely nothing about the SuperBowl that I hate more than the halftime show. I just hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it. However, when I thought the only thing that might interest me was the actual performance (live rock and roll is always kind of interesting, at the very least), out pops Prince playing a natural-finish Telecaster with a black pickguard -- the simplest, most basic rock and roll guitar there is. Prince playing a Tele? Very odd.

And then, during a piece where he sings part of "All along the Watchtower," he busts out a baby-blue Stratocaster. Again, not the usual, never-seen-it-before custom guitars he's normally seen with, but a Strat.

Okay. Now he's playing that ridiculous guitar, and they're showing him in silhouette, complete with phallic imagery. I thought CBS was trying to avoid inappropriateness. Oh well.

Altogether, a very good performance, but man. I hate halftime shows.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

BORING Prince performance! YUCK....back to watching the Ghost Hunter marathon for me!
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Here are the Super Bowl AD Watch commercials, folks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...HPHCP&GT1=9131
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

with 7:43 left in the game, it's 29-17. If it ends with this score, I AM THE MAN. It would be great if each defense could score a safety before game's end, but I think that's unlikely.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                with 7:43 left in the game, it's 29-17. If it ends with this score, I AM THE MAN. It would be great if each defense could score a safety before game's end, but I think that's unlikely.
                                Last year now dis year...You are dee MAN!!!!

Congratulations Scrivener!!

Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X