Where stay Pua'i Mana'o?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where stay Pua'i Mana'o?

I haven't seen her post in over two weeks. That's a lifetime, on the Internet. She's not behaving like a forum addict, and that makes me concerned for her physical and mental health.

I hope she's enjoying a well earned vacation or something.

Or maybe...she's hanging out on another forum
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Where stay Pua'i Mana'o?

There are a number of regulars who have deserted us in recent weeks/months. SusieMisajon, craigwatanabe, Miulang ...

Sometimes, you just gotta take a break, you know? Good for the sanity. As for those of us who remain behind, well, our sanity has long been a matter of debate.

Adrian's been gone a very long time, too. And I still miss MadAzza, more than a year since she stepped away.

Comment

Well, perhaps they are back by under a different name. It has been known to be done in forums that people take on new names, or have multiple names.

Gee, what a thought, there are only actually about 5 of us total, and everyone (but me) uses multiple names, so we are sort of talking to ourselves....

I miss AuntyLynns blog. Now that she's headed for Mayordom, she has changed her style of posting.

Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Sometimes, you just gotta take a break, you know?
        True true.

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Gee, what a thought, there are only actually about 5 of us total, and everyone (but me) uses multiple names, so we are sort of talking to ourselves....
        That's so...incestual

I can see why someone would want to change their name. Maybe they've been harassed / stalked. Or perhaps they want to try on a new online persona. Part of the fun of being online.

I could see myself possibly changing my name / persona, but I doubt I could juggle two personas at the same time. Maybe if I used a PC for one and say a PDA for another. Different physical environments would probably help too. Maybe even a costume!
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          Well, perhaps they are back by under a different name. It has been known to be done in forums that people take on new names, or have multiple names.
          Generally, in order to do that, you'd have to make a personal appeal to Admin. Otherwise, it's a violation of board rules to have multiple screen-names; he's banned people for trying to get away with it in the past. He might allow it under certain unique circumstances, such as obvious and ongoing harassment (which never happens on HT ), but not terribly often.

Another m.i.a.: Karen, who was so fed up with Sen. McCain as the nominee of her party that she said she will stay home and bake, rather than vote for any candidate being fielded.
          Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 29, 2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Generally, in order to do that, you'd have to make a personal appeal to Admin. Otherwise, it's a violation of board rules to have multiple screen-names; he's banned people for trying to get away with it in the past.
            This of course, is harder to detect if the banned offender uses a different I.P. as their login (and a different personality ). I have no doubt there are members in the “no stay” category who are now posting under a different moniker.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

She's doing fine. She had a little change in situation and has been super busy with that. I'm sure she'll be back in no time, putting us all in our respective places again.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                She's doing fine. She had a little change in situation and has been super busy with that. I'm sure she'll be back in no time, putting us all in our respective places again.
                Ahh, that's good to hear. No whack-whacks for forum infidelity. Thanks for the heads up, Scrivener. Much appreciated.
                "

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  This of course, is harder to detect if the banned offender uses a different I.P. as their login (and a different personality ).
                  But of course. It's much harder to change personalities than I.P. addresses - that's how I was able to figure out the alter-ego of someone here a while back.

Yet, I'm impressed at what Ryan has been able to catch in the past, and I think the personal filtering he has since added to the board has made quite a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                    I haven't seen her post in over two weeks. That's a lifetime, on the Internet. She's not behaving like a forum addict, and that makes me concerned for her physical and mental health.

I hope she's enjoying a well earned vacation or something.

Or maybe...she's hanging out on another forum
                    You raaaanng?

For the most part, I traveled to foreign lands to situate the Firstborn at college. How. On. Earth. Did I manage to grow old enough to have a college-aged child? Furthermore, I am still wit da fadda. No simple feat, in this day and age.

To recap the major thread issues on HT:

Loved the DNC. Thoroughly amused by the race now, with whatsherface as GOP VP. The Ovarian Vote is up in the air.

Akahi Nui didn't find the throne because he lacked the mana to become aliʻi. Waiʻanae Lede not da mōʻī; check. Maui Man not da mōʻī; check. I'll wait until somebody from Molokaʻi or Kaʻū take their chances with the Palace...I will say this, Kamehameha himself wasn't of the highest rank, which is why only those whose rank was higher ever held the throne after him. Upon studying the Hale Naua will one realize that the Heir/ess won't come from him (or a Campbell, either).

It's also FB season. The most important men in my life have flown 1/4 across the globe to watch our boys take it in the swamp. I am more worried about the freaking hurricanes that are headed their way. I am halfway expecting that my son will come back a New Man after whatever ordeal with mother nature they encounter. As they aren't scheduled to return until the middle of next week, that's plenty of time to wonder wtf is in store for FL.

Thanks for asking...aloha, P

pax

Comment

I dunno about the rest of you, but I can now relax and enjoy an unencumbered three-day weekend. A hui hou, P.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                        You raaaanng?
                        Wassup!?

How. On. Earth. Did I manage to grow old enough to have a college-aged child? Furthermore, I am still wit da fadda. No simple feat, in this day and age.
                        Haha.

My oldest reminded us she's halfway to becoming an adult :/ My youngest says she wants to lose weight (2nd grader and she's itty bitty). A few flowers once a year, and I'm still wit da madda. EZ!

Loved the DNC. Thoroughly amused by the race now, with whatsherface as GOP VP. The Ovarian Vote is up in the air.
                        McCain just WTFPWNED Vanguard's poll

It's also FB season.
                        Time to remodel the house with pink flowers, while the men are distracted.

Best wishes to your son. Remind him to not go kite surfing. Thanks for popping in and touching base.
                        "

Comment

Working...
                        X