Clear All

Re: Apple I-pod Nano

Use iTunes. Are you using iTunes?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
      Use iTunes. Are you using iTunes?
      Yes, I am downloading the new i-Tunes as we speak
      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Once you get i-Tunes up and running, add all your songs to the i-Tunes library. Once they're there, you hook up your iPod to your computer, all the songs will sync to your nano.

It's a fairly easy process.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Re: Apple iPod nano

While I am happy with my ipod Shuffle I was thinking of getting the iPod Nano one of these days, mostly for display photos or videos. For anyone who has the Nano what's the display like?

Could the controls be able to zoom in on a part of the photo?

Does the photo need to be resized before being loaded on the Nano?

Comment

Picked up an iPod nano last night from the Apple Store, loaded iTunes on my (Windows XP based) laptop so that nano can sync off that system. Loaded some photos, movie trailers and music last night. Couldn't figure out how to get the slide show going but I can worry about that later on.

Comment

I have an older 20G IPod, of which I have used only 5G in 2 years. I'm thinking of "downsizing" to an 8G Nano (they come in such pretty colors ). I only have music & my contacts list on mine right now and have no plans to add pics or videos. Still thinking, but those red ones are sure pretty - and contribute to a good cause if you buy one (Project Red). I think I could live with the smaller capacity one.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I wanted to load my whole library on one, so when I got one, I went for the 80GB. Now almost a year later, I've got 2200 songs and maybe used about 8GB.

Comment

I haven't mentioned my thoughts to my brother (my computer guru) because he believes in "the bigger the better" when it comes to technology. He also has the 80G and has EVERYTHING on it - photos, videos, movies and music. I guess I'll just show him my new purchase AFTER I make it. He just won't understand going smaller!

Can anyone comment on the sturdiness of the Nano? They are so small & light that I kind of worry about how long they will last.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    I have an older 20G IPod, of which I have used only 5G in 2 years.[...]
                    Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                    I wanted to load my whole library on one, so when I got one, I went for the 80GB. Now almost a year later, I've got 2200 songs and maybe used about 8GB.
                    I wonder if this is a reason why Apple scaled down. I have a 30gb iPod and have a little over 1400 songs, a bunch of videos, iPhoto, iCal and Address Book on mine and haven't quite hit 9gb yet! Of course it can always be used as a back-up hard drive but I have enough of those already.

Comment

my current IPod is set up as a back up hard drive - but that was only so I could load my Outlook contacts into it. Haven't used it for anything else. I have about 1500 songs & my contacts loaded on it now. I think an 8G Nano would work out ok for me and will be so much lighter in my purse.
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I wonder if this is a reason why Apple scaled down.
                        The only iPod classic on the Apple website is the 120GB. That's bigger then the 80GB, but smaller then the 160GB.

I also seen the Nano is up to a 16GB model.

Comment

It's going be awhile before my nano leaves the house, I am sort of leaning towards not syncing the calendar to the nano.

Wal-mart had some nifty stuff for the ipod. Found a pair of bud style head phones for around $6 made by Maxwell (model HB-202)

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                            The only iPod classic on the Apple website is the 120GB. That's bigger then the 80GB, but smaller then the 160GB.[...]
                            Oh good grief...I had no idea they ever went above 80gb! It's been a few years since I bought one!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              It's going be awhile before my nano leaves the house, I am sort of leaning towards not syncing the calendar to the nano.

Wal-mart had some nifty stuff for the ipod. Found a pair of bud style head phones for around $6 made by Maxwell (model HB-202)
                              just for your FYI - the ear buds tend to "bleed" sound to the folks sitting around you & it's really irritating if the person has their volume turned up. I purchased a set of Sony in-ear style buds & they are really comfortable and work really well - and they are quiet! but they also cost $40 but well worth the cost for me.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

As of today I have 15,315 music and assorted audio files in my iTunes. Certainly way over the limit of my 4 iPods that I regularly sync and re-program at least once a week.

Currently in my iPods:

iPod Shuffle 512 MB - 83 songs
                                iPod Mini 4 GB - 731 songs with some space to spare.

iPod Nano 2nd generation 4 GB
                                - 641 songs and other audio content.
                                -177 photos.

2nd generation iPod Photo (color) 40 GB
                                - 6,414 songs and other audio content.
                                - 284 photos

Besides a lot of music (about 95%), I also have a number of podcasts, digitized radio programs and a few spoken word items (speeches, audio books). None of my iPods hold digital video content or applications except what came with them when first purchased.

The iPod Photo and iPod Mini use hard drives to store content; the Nano and Shuffle use a flash drive. I take the flash drive iPods with me to various places. The iPod Photo is generally connected to my big stereo system and the music cranked through the amp and speakers. The mini is sometimes hooked up too.

I have a nice set of full sized JVC headphones that I prefer to use at home when noise is an issue. Otherwise I use the iPod earbuds when I am out and about. Also I have an FM transmitter in my car that can play audio from any of my iPods to my car radio on 88.7. This device runs through the car's cigarette lighter which I never used until I got the device.

Photos loaded into the iPods that support them are dumbed down when you sync through iTunes unless you want to put in the full size by clicking on the option. Full size will use up more disc space.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X