Christmas aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas aftermath

Post your christmas gifts, after xmas thoughts/feelings here.
    (unless an admin would want to rename an existing thread)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Christmas aftermath

It's quite funny! My wife woke me up at 4am. and we opened presents together on the livingroom floor, hung out for awhile then went back to bed. Slept in alittle this morning too. Ah Christmas...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Our kids were up at 4 a.m., but were sent back to bed. Take two was at 6:40 a.m. My daughter, age seven, bless her heart, was still thrilled to see Santa had eaten some of the cookies she baked with her mom and drank most of the milk as well.

About an hour of frenzied unwrapping followed. We filled two 30 gallon trash bags with wrapping and boxes. It boggles my mind that you need tools just to take toys out of packages these days. Anyway, the living room remains filled with toys, clothes, and snacks (lots of food gifts this year, for some reason). I think I've eaten enough popcorn and variations thereof to last the rest of the year.

The adults, of course, got a modest batch of loot. The star of the morning was what my mom and I got together to get my wife:

My priceless gift is an "uninterrupted nap," but I've yet to claim it...

Comment

Hmmmm....After thoughts? Ok. My Christmas Wish came true. Would you like to know what it was? hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mahalo everybody!

I love you you all!

Auntie Pupule
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Waving and smiling!

Hmmm__, let's see, I got a treadmill, a watch, 2 set pajamas, a vegetable chopper, 2 bracelets, 2 earrings, one necklace, a windsuit outfit, a full length winter coat, Wolfgang Puck electric mixer, a chinese silk dress, makeup, some bath and body stuff.

My sister sent me 2 boxes of snacks, mochi crunch, assortment of ling hing mui, pickle mango, cuttlefish, etc., daimond soda crackers and cookies, guava jelly, few boxes of some chocolate macadamia nuts, 2 Hawaiian calendars and Noh's seasoning mixes. I was so glad she sent me these, there's no Hawaii snacks here in Virginia.

My after thoughts of Christmas, I wish I could have been home, I shedded some tears when I heard certain Christmas songs playing on the radio, it brought back some loving and happy moments of me, spending time with my family.
          Last edited by Lisheous; January 4, 2006, 04:47 PM.
          Faith, the evidence of things not seen, but things that are hopeful.

Comment

Had some cash and gift cards from friends and folks. I was at Wal-Mart a week before Christmas and I was going through the hardware section to buy a 100 foot tape measure and I found one for $10-$11. While there I ran across a Black and Decker Workmate 22" toolbox. It was deep enough to handle my rocket stuff in one box. Best thing was the price, only $11. I brought it and the way back home I said to myself it was a Christmas present to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              It boggles my mind that you need tools just to take toys out of packages these days.
              It's not only toys. A lot of things come in those dreadful blister packs that require a good cutting tool to break open. Why does a tiny little flash memory card have to come in an oversized blister pack?

Why are new CDs and DVDs so cumbersome to open? You have take off the shrink wrap and then deal with the "protective tape" or whatever the industry calls it that is usually affixed to 3 sides of the CD or DVD case.

At least the music industry got rid of the wasteful longboxes in most stores except for Costco.

As for Christmas my best gift that I gave myself was my annual holiday trip to the Big Island to spend with my family. I have not missed a Christmas holiday in Honokaa for all my life.... so far!

I hope you all had a great holiday season.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
              X