Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by pzarquon
    ETA: By the way... anyone know which prison this is? It's not OCC in town, or if it is, the scene was shot inside somewhere.

ETAA: Hmm. In checking the Department of Public Safety site, this page features a photo from inside the women's prison in Kailua that looks like the interior shot when Desmond was discharged... so maybe that's it. (Not that I plan to get that photo...) But it's a fair bet they made use of the exterior as well.
    That interior photo you were talking about...it has a tag of HCF in the image link and if you check the properties of the image on Firefox or the page source on IE, it tells you that it's Halawa Medium Facility in the alt text. Plus, that call sheet thingy thang said they filmed at Halawa. So I guess that would be it
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Just having some random questions that perhaps some of you will have answers for....
      Anyone know what off season projects the Lost regulars may be working on?
      How many of the Lost cast and crew have made Oahu their permanent/primary residence?
      (Off topic) Has Flight 29 Down been renewed or were they rescued?

Comment

Spent a little time yesterday catching up on some "Lost" location photos. Hit the Kahala Mandarin for the gazeebo where Jack got married, the pool where he struggled with his wedding vows, and the room where they held their wedding reception.

Plus a few small spots, like Indigo, where Sawyer met a mark, and the downtown corner where Michael was hit by a car.

I also got around to several do-overs (after I found my offline photo archive incomplete after a request), including the graveyard (better matching the shot in the episode), Liam's house (now including the swing), Liliha Bakery (I missed the interior the first time 'cause they were closed), the Dillingham Transportation Building (after I saw they used the courtyard as well)...

Lots of to-do spots left, still, including Manoa Falls, Waimea Valley, Halawa prison (exterior only!), and the Waikane Pier (never heard back from the film office or the city!)... but progress!

Originally posted by maximumradio
        Anyone know what off season projects the Lost regulars may be working on?
        Emilie DeRavin made a movie, Matthew Fox is working on one or two, Daniel Dae Kim is on a project now... just hit each actors' profile in the "Lost" entry at the IMDB, and see what's up.
        How many of the Lost cast and crew have made Oahu their permanent/primary residence?
        A few, though the list probably changes now and then depending on how much non-"Lost" work they get (or if they get killed off). I recall that most did buy homes, but they may not reside here full-time.
        Has Flight 29 Down been renewed or were they rescued?
        Here's a "Flight 29 Down" thread. Maybe ask or share updates there?

Comment

I got to the cliffs at Portlock that LikaNui spotted, but either I didn't go 'round far enough or it's not exactly where Desmond's scene was filmed. It's clear from the geology that I was in the neighborhood, at least, and it is a gorgeous area.
          Say... Pomai just posted photos of "China Walls"/Maunalua Bay... and the terrain does look similar to the one I went hunting for at Spitting Caves. Anyone think that might be a better prospect?

Comment

Say... Pomai just posted photos of "China Walls"/Maunalua Bay... and the terrain does look similar to the one I went hunting for at Spitting Caves. Anyone think that might be a better prospect?
            I do. And since I was the one who sent you to the Spitting Cave area, I should point out to you (and to Pomai) that in my feeble mind I consider the whole area of Spitting Cave to China Walls as just one area, since they're so darned close to each other.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

ABC TV will be suspending showings of Lost and other network programs on their streaming website on June 30. If you want to watch the last episode of Lost and don't have it saved to video, Tivo or bought on your iPod, then hurry.

Despite this fact, ABC TV has declared their streaming content a success:

Disney says ABC free web TV a hit with consumers

Prime-time ABC television shows were viewed more than 11 million times on the Web in the first month of a test by the Walt Disney Co. of whether consumers will watch ads online if the shows are free.

An online exit survey posted the first week of the two-month trial showed that 87 percent of respondents could recall the advertisers that sponsored the episodes they watched.
              Additional link:

ABC Network website: http://abc.go.com/
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ended up watching the "LOST" rerun for last week, "Orientation," which was the third episode of the second season. Saw Central Union Church, but realized I didn't know where this restaurant is (if it's even a restaurant) or where this house is (I'd guess Diamond Head/Kahala). Any ideas?

Tonight's repeat is "Everybody Hates Hugo," by the way. Popeye's Chicken as Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack! Though I don't think we ever figured out if the music store Hurley visited was Jelly's, Harry's Music, or someplace else.

Comment

that restaurant looks almost like Nick's Fishmarket in Waikiki...same decor
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'd say the music store is Jelly's behind Cutter Ford Aiea.

Comment

Tonight's repeat is "Everybody Hates Hugo," by the way. Popeye's Chicken as Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack! Though I don't think we ever figured out if the music store Hurley visited was Jelly's, Harry's Music, or someplace else.
                      I noticed something Wednesday night that I missed the first time. While Hugo is chatting up the cashier at the record store, you can see the word "COMICS" painted in large letters on the background wall. Assuming that wasn't done by the show's production team, I'd guess that's another vote for Jelly's?

Comment

I'll have to go and check for myself, I guess! Not like one should need an excuse to visit Jelly's. Er... it's still there, isn't it? As for Nick's Fishmarket, I'm still traumatized from the bill from my first and last visit there, so I wouldn't have recognized it. Any other possibilities?

I'm feeling good. Had a good week of LOST location hunting. Two out of three attempts.

The one that I didn't get was the banyan tree from which Charlie was hanged in Season 1. There have been several trees used in various episodes, mind you, but I was told this tree was along Manoa Falls Trail. So, I went looking for it. It looks like the right area, but I couldn't find the tree. Then again, finding a specific banyan tree in a forest full of banyan trees is no easy task.

But, I got photos of the area, at least. (Anyone know what these things are? Abandoned camera dolly tracks, perhaps?)

But I lucked out on the other two locations. The first was the art gallery on the second floor of the First Hawaiian Center, which played the office of Mr. Paik, Sun's father and the owner of a large auto company.

The second was the downtown U.S. Post Office, at the end of Merchant Street across from Iolani Palace, which played the a Blue Line bus station, where Kate was captured by the marshall.

In both cases, I was fortunate to have met employees and managers who may have been bewildered and amused, but also patient and ultimately very accommodating!

Comment

The one that I didn't get was the banyan tree from which Charlie was hanged in Season 1. There have been several trees used in various episodes, mind you, but I was told this tree was along Manoa Falls Trail. So, I went looking for it. It looks like the right area, but I couldn't find the tree. Then again, finding a specific banyan tree in a forest full of banyan trees is no easy task.
                          My mind is racing on the image 20 years from now where Dominic Monaghan is hosting an episode of Saturday Night Live, where he parodies himself as being a speaker on a Lost themed convention, he takes a question from the audience who holds up 16x20 photo of a banyan tree and ask "Is this the tree you was hanged on in episode 11?"

Comment

Originally posted by mel

October 3!

The release date for the Lost 2nd season DVD set has been moved up to September 5.
                            Amazon.com

TV Shows on DVD site
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

After winning Best Drama series last year, LOST was shutout of the major categories in this year's Emmy Nominations. The final nominees for drama series, lead and supporting acting awards were chosen by a "Blue Ribbon" panel from the top 10-15 vote getters in nominations sent in by Academy members. The "Blue Ribbon" panels screwed LOST. In the categories chosen by the regular system LOST received 9 nominations:

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
                              Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series
                              Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
                              Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series (2)
                              Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series - Ian Cussack as Desmond
                              Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing For A Series
                              Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series
                              Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series

How does a show get nominated for casting, directing and writing and not get nominated for Best Drama?

Comment

As I am waiting for the news to start tonight on Channel 4, I am catching a rerun episode of "Lost". At the last commercial break, I just barely paid attention to a new Hanso Foundation commercial. The commercial say we should discuss their good works. Was some guy standing in a nice office or something... never quite saw the whole thing. I guess I should go check out the Hanso website.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X