Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any unusual habits that you have?

I can't lie, I got a few:

I don't poop in public bathrooms--I need a full shower immediately after I poop
    I won't wear the same pair of shoes twice within a 2 week span
    My bath towel has to be green

Come on fam...I know y'all got some weird ones. No shame!
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Any unusual habits that you have?

Wow, that's pretty weird. I don't do anything weird

Comment

I prep for bird flu. Today that is considered strange, but tomorrow that might not be.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery

I won't wear the same pair of shoes twice within a 2 week span
        My bath towel has to be green

Come on fam...I know y'all got some weird ones. No shame!
        What happens if you're not near a shower? Do you hold it?

Comment

The 2nd thing isn't really all that unusual. A lot of people take shower after #2 in India and supposedly various parts of Asia. If not, then they usually use water for cleaning.
          Last edited by Vanguard; July 13, 2006, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
            I don't poop in public bathrooms--I need a full shower immediately after I...
            KAKA'S!!!! Eh, I wrote about dat couple days ago! I not going make fun...no way!

Yeah, I got hang ups. Plenty. My biggest one is Digging my Big Beautiful NOSE!
            bADDA you? Don't let it!!! Bugga get Gold! Ouch!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Just one: posting my unusual habits on forums.

Comment

I do reverse lookups on every phone number that calls my phone. *watches his number of received calls drop*
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Wow. Me and the girls at work just had a discussion about doodoophobia!

I can't use public bathrooms unless it's a clean bathroom. I don't care if I'm two yards away from the Centerstage bathroom, I'll hike up to Neiman Marcus to use their facilities.

When eating Chicken McNuggets, I eat the outer portion first, then the white meat.

Coasters, for drinks, are essential. And when in an establishment that uses a plain paper napkin for a coaster, nothing bugs me that having the napkin stick to the bottom of the glass, so I usually sprinkle some salt to prevent it from sticking. [I can see you guys rolling eyes already! ]

I have three alarm clocks that go off at the same time but are positioned at different areas in my room so I can get my butt outta bed when I have to.

When going to bed, I have to have clean feet -- that whole "I just came outta the shower" feeling. I don't care if the rest of me is funky...I gotta have clean feet or else I can't sleep.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Hoo boy. We've traded notes on bathrooms before. I think both Scrivener and I have toyed with the idea of a potty blog, or a semi-serious, semi-ridiculous "restroom review" site. Favorite and least favorite public facilities would most certainly carry a whole separate thread!

Sleeping habits are also a rich category, I'll bet. On cold nights, I tend to want to be half-covered. That is, one leg under the blanket, one leg over. Somehow that's preferable to me, versus covering and uncovering to moderate temperature.

I used to be really picky about baths and showers. I'd always want to be the first to use the tub, for example, 'cause I didn't like getting into a wet tub or bathroom. And I'd shower before bed (pretty common, locally), just 'cause I hated that sticky feeling trying to get to sleep. Now that there are three kids in the house, though, both neuroses have pretty much subsided.

Heck, I used to be a neat freak. That part of me still pops up on occasion, too. You should see what our kids' toy collection does to my brain.

Salt to keep those napkins down? Never heard of that one!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

Salt to keep those napkins down? Never heard of that one!
                      It was something I picked up waitressing/bartending in the Midwest. I'd be bussing counters/tables and kept getting PO'd at how much salt there was. At first I thought the tequila drinkers were to blame. Then my manager told me why.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I haven't washed my feet in years. I don't even bother looking at them, anymore.

Comment

My God, you people are weird.

Comment

For corn: My husband (and his family) roll the corn on a stick of butter, to ensure full coverage on the corn. I purposely do not put out a stick of butter when we have corn. I will not let him desecrate my butter. I dont want my stick of butter to look like a skateboard ramp. He will use a knife and a pad of butter. I guess that's like a pet peeve rather than an unusual habit, unless making skateboard ramps out of butter is common and I'm just wierd.

My toes have to have some sort of nail polish on them.

I don't go No.2 in a public potty either. That stuff should be left at home. My husband will go whenever, wherever - I dont get how he does it.

I, too, will walk miles to the cleanest restroom if I have to go to the bathroom. Unless I'm intoxicated, then I'll pretty much go anywhere even if it doesn't have a door. I always carry a ziploc of toilet paper with me whenever I go out because I always seem to pick the restroom without toilet paper...

If we have guests staying over, I won't use the guest bathroom at all. I'll use it like 5 days later after they've left.

My drinking water has to be cold, like out-of-the-fridge cold. It can have ice, but I do not like crushed ice.

I always use a salad fork when eating (like you know, silverware comes with two sizes of forks, I use the smaller one). The big fork makes me feel ...big. I also eat off of the small plates (like some dish sets come with a salad and a dinner plate...I always use the salad plate - well, I think it's a salad plate, but it's not the same plate that is like a saucer.). Growing up, my brother and I always ate off the smaller plates, while mom and dad eat off the large ones - same with the forks, we got the small ones, mom and dad got the large ones. This has carried over for both my brother and I - we both prefer the smaller plates and utensils even though we're 27 and 25 years old. Even if my parents gave me "permission" to eat off the larger plates with large forks, I still wouldn't.

That's all I can think of at the moment...
                            -k

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040
                              For corn: My husband (and his family) roll the corn on a stick of butter, to ensure full coverage on the corn. I purposely do not put out a stick of butter when we have corn. I will not let him desecrate my butter. I dont want my stick of butter to look like a skateboard ramp. He will use a knife and a pad of butter. I guess that's like a pet peeve rather than an unusual habit, unless making skateboard ramps out of butter is common and I'm just wierd.
                              -k
                              For corn: Try putting out quarter slices of bread very generously buttered. The bread is easy to handle in transferring the butter to the corn by rubbing the bread on the cob.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X