Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michelle Wie

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and i dont mind Michelle wie as a lady's golfer only she couldnt match up to Kim Kim or tadd fujikawa and Ayaka kaneko or Paula creamer or Natalie Gulbis or Morgan pressell and karrie webb with Annoucer and previous Golfer so That's my Thought's on this.
    Tadd hasn't been doing well since turning pro.

Maybe they should have waited until they completed college.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Here's the likely story as to why Michelle Wie skipped last week's Safeway International. Re-aggravated wrist injury??? Think again.

http://www.waggleroom.com/story/2008/4/4/95437/11314

Report: Wie Aiming for LPGA Membership in '09
      By Mulligan Stu
      Posted on Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 09:54:37 AM EDT

That's the good news, that Michelle Wie (and camp) has finally set her sights on joining the LPGA Tour, with a specific timetable. She wants to be on Tour in 2009.

How to get there? According to the current issue of Golf World (article not yet online), Wie's plan is the same as Stacy Lewis': get six exemptions, win enough money in those tournaments to finish the equivalent of 90th or better on the money list, and thereby earn a Tour card for 2009 without having to go to Q-School.

Stacy Lewis is healthy and her swing isn't messed up. Wie? She's probably healthy, although weak-wristed. Her swing definitely is not healthy.

And she's already used one of her exemptions, and didn't use it well: She made the cut at the Fields Open but finished last, earning only $2,570.

This plan might explain why Wie dropped out of the Safeway International
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Am I the only one who things Michelle Wie is overrated and overhyped? I mean it's great she was doing pretty good at a young age, but since then I haven't seen too much that would warrant her advertising contracts.
        Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Originally posted by dyasu View Post
          Am I the only one who things Michelle Wie is overrated and overhyped? I mean it's great she was doing pretty good at a young age, but since then I haven't seen too much that would warrant her advertising contracts.
          The same could be said of Anna Kournikova in the tennis world.

So, you going stop supporting the local girl?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            The same could be said of Anna Kournikova in the tennis world.

So, you going stop supporting the local girl?
            Can't really say I'd "stop" supporting her, since I never really followed golf enough to really support anyone at all really.
            Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

No more free passes to the US Women's Open. Michelle is going to have to earn her spot by qualifying, in a cattle call with over a thousand other hopefuls.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...ING02/80501064

Now, the U.S. Women's Open might be the only major she is eligible to play — provided she qualifies.

What a change from 2 years ago, when the talk was all about how Michelle would do against the men, as domination of the LPGA was assumed.

Let me go on the record right now: I think that if Michelle Wie fails to appear in any LPGA major this year and she doesn't win any other tournaments, Nike or Sony (or possibly both) will drop their sponsorships of her.

If that happens, I hope that her endorsement money is in good hands. Can't always trust your parents. Ask Gary Coleman and Dominque Moceanu.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Was it bad for Michelle Wie a couple weeks back when Danica Patrick, Tad Fujikawa, and Lenora Ochua won their events? Danica Patrick is linked to Michelle Wie during the hype of the up and coming young women competing against men. Tad Fujikawa won a professional tournament in the group of young golfers from Hawaii. Lenora Ochua is being dominate in women's golf by winning consecutive tournaments which Michelle Wie was projected to accomplish.

Comment

Sorry, but Michelle Wie is NON-NEWSWORTHY at this time. She has to WIN, or at least COMPETE, to earn any headlines.

No more excuses about wrist injuries and the like. That's getting OLD .....

Comment

First round of the LPGA's Michelob Ultra Open has come and gone. Leading so far is Mhairi McKay, with an 8-under 63. Hot on her trail are Annika Sorenstam (-7) and Lorena Ochoa (-6).

Michelle? A 4-over 75, which gives her a score better than only 10 golfers in a field of 144. Translation? Don't hold your breath expecting her to make the cut for this weekend.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...-1/SPORTSFRONT

Comment

Michelle's second round at the Michelob results in an even-par 71, which is not good enough to make the cut.

Next stop for the Big Wiesy: June 9. US Women's Open qualifying at Maryland.

Comment

By the way, Michelle Wie finished tie for 46th place in a golf tournament this past weekend. She won $4,831. Just keeping her name in the loop.
                        Last edited by Walkoff Balk; July 14, 2008, 06:56 PM. Reason: add

Comment

WOW!
                          Check this out:

Honolulu's Michelle Wie, buoyed by an opening-hole eagle, shot a second-round 7-under 65 and is in second place in the LPGA State Farm Classic at Panther Creek Country Club in Springfield, Ill.
                          Wie's two-round total is 12-under 132.
                          First-round leader Christina Kim followed her opening-round 63 with a 68 and has the lead at 13-under 131.
                          C'mon, Michelle! Make us proud. You GO, girl!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                            Sorry, but Michelle Wie is NON-NEWSWORTHY at this time. She has to WIN, or at least COMPETE, to earn any headlines.

No more excuses about wrist injuries and the like. That's getting OLD .....
                            That's the thing with sports, isn't it? Either she wins or we ignore her, local girl or not. Either you're something or you're nothing. Sums up the Aloha spirit.

Comment

There's a fan who yells out, "You Da Man," after Tiger Woods tees off at a new hole. Will a fan shout out, "You Da Tita," when Michelle Wie takes her drive from the tee?

Comment

Some "fan" will invariably shout "IN THE HOLE" when Tiger tees off on a PAR 5!

Some people have been so vicious when MW was playing poorly. Now that she's been doing well, they're NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

Comment

Working...
                                X