Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

Another least favorite...
    Imitrex (a migraine headache med), that shows the actors bodies with no heads; instead, holding their heads in their hands. Ewww!

Comment

I hate the Credit Report Dot Com commercials too. This latest one with the party isn't AS BAD as the other ones, mainly b/c I can't memorize the song to it, and the beginning part with the guy carrying the champagne, acting like it's for him, then handing it off b/c he's the waiter cracks me up. But the restaurant and the car? HATE.

Mostly I get to skip commericals. My Ti-Faux is the best thing ever. Except I totally don't understand this new one we have, so I can't record shows on it.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Another least favorite...
        Imitrex (a migraine headache med), that shows the actors bodies with no heads; instead, holding their heads in their hands. Ewww!
        Well, well, well...a commercial's job is to imbed the name of the product into the viewer. Positive or negative doesn't matter...just that the product's name is remembered.

Looks like I disliked this migraine medication spot enough to not grasp the name. I tuned out after the name of the competitor's product was mentioned within the first few seconds of the copy...Imitrex! Then, again, maybe that was the point!!! Because of my job I tend to pay pretty close attention to commercials. Not so with this one!

The product is Treximet! It still registers high on my ewww scale.

Comment

The Cash4Gold.com commercial looks like an amateur production for a national audience.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
            I hate the Credit Report Dot Com commercials too. This latest one with the party isn't AS BAD as the other ones, mainly b/c I can't memorize the song to it, and the beginning part with the guy carrying the champagne, acting like it's for him, then handing it off b/c he's the waiter cracks me up. But the restaurant and the car? HATE.
            The reason I hate this commercial is that it leads you to believe you can get your credit report free. Get your really free reports: one from each agency spaced every four months or so - this way, you'll get one report from each agency annually.

http://www.forbes.com/personalfinanc...money_inl.html

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Twice in the last year, I've gotten notification that my credit info "could" have been compromised. Nuttin so far, thankfully.
            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

A new least favorite...
              H & R Block's "Second Look" with the cyclops actors. It's right up there on my Ewwww scale!!!

Comment

Geico's had some pretty good commercials over the years, but their latest campaign, the one with the stack of money with eyes... "that's the money you would've saved if you switched to Geico"... is an epic fail. I can't stand them.

Comment

I'm getting really tired of the singing-fish-on-the-wall McDonald's filet-o-fish spot. 'Nuf already!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                    I'm getting really tired of the singing-fish-on-the-wall McDonald's filet-o-fish spot. 'Nuf already!
                    I was just thinking the same thing! I like this spot a lot but it's being aired into the ground...probably just positioning McDs to take advantage of the economic woes. Can't blame 'em for that. Or maybe I'm just envious of the residuals the 2 actors are making. They hit a gold mine!

It's now airing again on the same channel it aired within the past 10 minutes. Lucky actors!

Comment

Echo that. It's getting on my nerve even more when one of my tenant's kids sing along with it.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The commercial with the Sham-Wow guy? Wait, Is it the one with him being on-screen or off-screen?

Comment

any commercial with Billy Mays!!!! i turn the volume down so I don't have to listen to him yelling at me. He needs to take a voice class and learn how to modulate - he would be much more effective. But, on the other hand - since he does so many commercials, I guess he IS effective at least for his bank account!

I have an aversion to buying any product he advertises just because of him & his irritating voice.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I saw a bit on Jay Leno the other nite where he talked about the ShamWow guy getting his tongue bitten and then making the commercial - it was pretty funny!

I personally love the Sham Wow guy - he has so much fun making those messes
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Glad to say I have NEVER seen this spot, if it's as annoying as you folks say it is.

Originally posted by zff View Post
                              Geico's had some pretty good commercials over the years, but their latest campaign, the one with the stack of money with eyes... "that's the money you would've saved if you switched to Geico"... is an epic fail. I can't stand them.
                              That's funny - I kinda like the weirdness factor of those spots - and I am glad that the Cavemen ones seem to have run their course.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                any commercial with Billy Mays!!!! [...]But, on the other hand - since he does so many commercials, I guess he IS effective at least for his bank account![...]
                                Bingo!!! Not only his bank account but the advertiser's, too. They wouldn't keep hiring Mays if he wasn't effective at selling the product.

Comment

Working...
                                X