Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. Utah State

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    If UH wins against Utah St. tomorrow. The game at Boise St. will be on ESPN. If UH loses. It will be PPV for the Boise St. game.
    Not to bachi Hawai‘i, but the Aggies are going to get hammered today! Forget all that “home field homecoming advantage” BS. Let’s be realistic. UH played Army at West Point on 9/11. You can’t get any more of an emotional home advantage then that — yet the Warriors still beat the Black Knights in regulation. And this time, Coach McMackin used his brain. They’re getting to Logan, Utah a couple days early, so the team can acclimate... unlike the Colorado game where they stayed in Vegas until the last minute.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs. Utah State

Dunno. Former UH football coach Dick Tomey said in one of his speeches, "You practice and train hard, and you go to the game and execute on offense and defense, using the best players you have, and that does not mean you will win, that means you have a better chance to win, Your opposition is not going to lay down and let you win.... You have to take the victiory."

Hawaii has a very good chance to win, but we will know when the game is over.

Comment

It's probably going to be storming during the game, so all bets are off.

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
      Hawaii has a very good chance to win, but we will know when the game is over.
      That is such a keeper I'm having it tattooed onto my arm so I don't ever forget it.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        It's probably going to be storming during the game, so all bets are off.
        Good call, Ron. After one half of play, the Warriors are fortunate to have cultivated a legit run threat that has resulted in two TDs and a 14-7 lead. Special teams performance has been okay. With two INTs already, Moniz and his receivers need to communicate better going into the second period.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Wow, Hawaii's surprising me this year.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I was 'busy' during the first half, what happened?
            Whatever it was they cured it at halftime.

This year's team is the result of the rocky rebuilding phase, and the recent coaching changes has taken it up a full notch, especially in the areas where we needed it. We're far from perfect yet, but I think we'll give (the real BCS #1) Boise St. some strong effort, and having Idaho here at home will be the perfect warm up for that cold following week.

Comment

The UH defense played with an attitude in altitude. They didn't stay in Vegas before the game this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                Wow, Hawaii's surprising me this year.
                Me too. And I am pleasantly surprised.
                The coach had to mature a bit, and I think he has.

Comment

Hawaii ranked 27th in both AP and Coaches' polls this week.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Maybe we'll crack it before we beat Boise St.!

BTW, yesterday the school unveiled a bigger than life statue of one of the greatest players ever, Merlin Olsen, which is quite fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      BTW, yesterday the school unveiled a bigger than life statue of one of the greatest players ever, Merlin Olsen, which is quite fitting.
                      Who would be the statue for UH?

Comment

Here’s a link to both polls. Apparently, Nevada is #26. Wouldn’t it be something to have three teams from the conference in the Top 25 and have ESPN talking “WAC dominance” the year before the WAC disintegrates?

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Who would be the statue for UH?
                          Maybe this guy? Seen here with his helmet and number...

Comment

Hi Mike,
                            I don't go by the polls at all, but I really think there are more than 30 teams that can beat UH 7 days a week.
                            Nobu

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
                              Hi Mike,
                              I don't go by the polls at all, but I really think there are more than 30 teams that can beat UH 7 days a week.
                              I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement and I challenge you to back it up. Name thirty NCAA football teams whom UHM would stand NO CHANCE to beat no matter how many times they played this season. I'm not sure you could name fifteen.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X