Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingle, bi-partisan?

Since when?
    Linda, Senate(?) hopeful, has a TV ad running that touts her past bi-partisanship as a virtue, but I can't seem to recall a single moment when she was anything but a uber partisan extremaroid. Can somebody help me find an example when she tried to work with Democrats so I can't dismiss her completely as a typical righty liar, before I forget about her forever?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Lingle, bi-partisan?

I saw that TV ad last night. I hope that Hawaii voters don't fall for it.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I saw that spot and rolled my eyes. She couldn't even extend the aloha spirit to President Obama on one of his visits to Hawaii prior to taking office. As i remember it, he requested a meeting with her and her contingency was that he had to come to her office.

Comment

As much as I detested Lingle's arrogance in the handling of Furlough Friday, this has to be said: If Dingle Ling's opponent in the general election is Mazie Hirono, then the Dems could be in jeopardy of finally losing one of Hawaii's senatorial seats.

Lazy Mazie has been ducking opportunities to debate Ed Case, and with good reason. She's a lousy debater,... and truth be told, a lousy, do-nothing congresswoman. At least Ed Case would be able to hold his own in a debate with Lingle. Mazie would get absolutely slaughtered, just as what happened in '02.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Mazie is a do-nothing congresswoman.
          List 6 major points against her.

Comment

Are you talking about those ads by some Chamber of Commerance, the one with not her talking but someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              Are you talking about those ads by some Chamber of Commerance, the one with not her talking but someone else?
              Yes, I accidentally watched it again and that's who's behind it, the US Chamber blah blah, some faker BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                List 6 major points against her.
                You got it okole backwards, big time. Voters should think about what a candidate has accomplished to merit being elected to higher office.

But then again, when you have been a do-nothing congresswoman for 6 years like Mazie has been, then I guess she has nothing to fall back on but saying, "Hey, I kept my nose clean and stayed on good terms with the right friend$." That lady's no Patsy Mink.

"List 6 major points against her?" Save that pitcher of kool-aid for the mindless herd attending the state DNC.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thanx, but I'll merely refrain from accepting the free aide samples you're offering about her if you can't put up examples why Mazie shouldn't be re-elected.

Comment

It's a bi-curious partisan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      Thanx, but I'll merely refrain from accepting the free aide samples you're offering about her if you can't put up examples why Mazie shouldn't be re-elected.
                      Mazie isn't running for "re-election". The senate will be a new seat for her. If she doesn't win, she will not be in office any more. and so far, FM seems to be the only person here who knows anything close to resembling politics.
                      Last edited by anapuni808; June 8, 2012, 10:43 PM.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

now, now, now..., ana

Comment

I have needed Mazie's help a number of times dealing with various departments and agencies in the federal bureaucracy and she has come through every time,

And my wife and I have referred people to her office who have been getting the runaround from their banks regarding modifications and foreclosures. In a number of cases she has been able to get the banks to agree to modify the loans.

Mazie and her Honolulu and Washington office staffs have always been responsive to our needs.

Comment

Few politicians will help the little guy in need like that. Great to hear, chalk up one for Mazie!

Comment

Working...
                            X