Anyone with a digital photo frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with a digital photo frame?

Not at all! I'm trying to understand the apparent physics to having them fill the frame, LOL! I even took images I have on photobucket and stuck on the card. They were full sized, yes, but very crappy quality. Same when I wasted the money getting some printouts of them.
    I thanked everyone for the tips as those are what I will use to attempt to get it right. How did that cross thru your ears as "stop helping me, I don't want it"?
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

memorylane, what you need to do is crop those photos. Chances are, depending on your settings when you scanned the photos in, they're actually big enough to display okay, but your frame is resizing the images to fit the entire thing, borders included, in the frame.

There are a lot of ways to crop your images, and once you get the hang of it you'll find it pretty easy. Can you tell me what kind of computer you're using, and about how long you've had it? Most computers nowadays come with photo-editing software, and cropping images is one of the basic functions they all have.
      I'm trying to help you solve this problem as easily as possible. I don't think you need to re-scan anything. The photos you had in Photobucket were probably web-friendly, low-quality JPGs. There's a good chance that your original scans are big enough, but as I've said, the frame is trying to cram the entire image (in the case of the photo above, three photos on the scanner glass) into the frame. All you have to do is trim that one images into three separate images and if you scanned at high-enough a resolution, the images should display fine.

If I'm still not being clear: most of the images you're looking at on the web are very low-quality (low-resolution) photos that are meant to load quickly but still look okay on a web-page (72 dots per inch). As long as you didn't scan your original photos at such a low quality, all those photos you scanned are probably big enough to look great in your digital frame. But you have to crop them. Which is easy to do.

So. Can you tell me what kind of computer you're using, and about how long you've had it? Most computers nowadays come with photo-editing software, and cropping images is one of the basic functions they all have.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Okay, move over....

Seriously, face-to-face [FTF] help is the way to go here.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

You're probably right. But she's in Oklahoma and she did ask for help here.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

in this example, instead of scanning the three images into one digital image you should scan each image into a separate digital image/file.

i would also suggest a resolution of at 150dpi.

joel
            Attached Files

Comment

Joel, you are telling her to rescan all her photos without knowing what the original resolution was. If she's already scanned them at a good res, you're suggesting she do work she's already done. All she has to do is a quick crop of the existing images and she can see whether or not she needs to rescan. If she's only got ten photos or so, a rescan is not that bad an idea, but if she's got two hundred, you're recommending a ridiculous amount of work that may be unnecessary.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

thank you for the reply.

i was trying to communicate that instead of scanning multiple images/pictures into a single file... that is what it appeared to me from the image that was posted... that each image/picture should be scanned to a single graphic file. that way the photoviewer, in that case, can display the individual image.

and, i absolutely agree with you, if the images are already scanned then cropping from an already scanned image is easier.

really, it all starts with the workflow... scan an individual image at an appropriate resolution (whatever that is) to single file and repeat.

of course, depending on the comfort level of the user in using the different hardware and software, it can be straight forward or a nightmare

when i was learning to use scanners early on it was fun and time consuming. years later computer hardware got faster, operating systems could recognize more memory and multi-task, scanner manufacturers made better, faster hardware with bundled software that included presets for scanning... life was good.

guess what... life is crazy better now!

joel

Comment

I have an HP laptop and am using Kodak software installed with a disc that came with the printer/copier/scanner.

I scanned in one pic before throwing three or 4 at a time to get it over with and uploaded them to find the head cut off for instance so I went and scanned again after having moved the pic in a different place and so on and so on. I still kept finding the white inside of the scanner all around my photo once I got it to the position on the glass that would leave me with proper alignment otherwise.
                  Myy 11 yr old knows as much as you'll do but when he showed me how to do it right, it pretty much sounds like the same things you'll have said and it would have been alot of work per picture plus the situation with the alignment out of place which stumped him enough to say "I don't know what to tell you Mom".
                  I shall prevail!!!!

Comment

So I scan one picture in using the actual software, it allows me to preview what I am going to scan and basically allows me to tell the machine how and where to scan it. So I adjust the crop box and other features, move it to my sd card and preview it on the photo frame. Voila!
                    So I then open the sd card back here on my computer to find I didn't save all the ones I scanned and put on the card the way they currently are.
                    Apparently, I had a blonde moment and will now have to re scan everything for that reason alone.
                    Many mahalo's again for the assistance.

Comment

thank you for the follow up!

you'll be a scanning pro

joel

Comment

Working...
                      X