Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cockroaches?

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
    I know, we really didn't need fo see dem dam tings, Kaneohegirl. Eeuuuuwwwww (shaking all ovah)....giving me da heebeegeebeez. <LMAO>

Story from yesterday. Wife asked if I threw the plastic bag away. She usually picks up the dog poop and fallen fruit and tosses the bag over the fence in the driveway so I can put it in the trash. Anyways, I says, "Oh, you mean da one dat was undah my truck?" (about 8' from where she normally tosses it) I started laughing my ass off. I told her when I went to pick it up it "rolled" away from me. She had found another toad in the yard and she picked it up in the plastic bag. They still try to run when in the bag and it'll roll all over the place.

The wife has no sympathy for toads. We have dogs and the toads can be deadly to them. If you have the same, get rid of the toads. Sorry kinda OT, but it's yet another common critter here. This one being particularly dangerous to pets.
    LOL That must have been a sight to see!

Now getting back to cockroaches....when my daughter was a toddler, she used to call them "crotchroaches". I couldn't stop laughing every time she said that word! Of course, she's a teenager now and doesn't wanna be reminded.

Comment

Hey Triggerfish,

Just where do you live now, cause it sounds like you aren't used to dealing with cockroaches? Thought these ugly buggers were everywhere. In SC they are called palmetto bugs because of their size (way to nice a term for such disgusting critters.) I'd rather be in Hawaii dealing with them than in SC.
      Try to enjoy life! "You won't get out alive"

Comment

ohhhh man let me tell you in some areas of the mainland if you have roaches the you are deemed a horrible person/parent because you have a roach problem... now ants everyone can get and have no problem with... but ROACHES.... you are DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY....some ppl just have no sense.
        Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Last Cockroach Question

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for all the information regarding those "little" cockroaches. B-52s huh? Yikes!

Here's my last question folks: If you live in a high building, say something seven floors up or more are there still roaches?

Mahalo everyone, I appreciate all of your help!

Triggerfish

Comment

Re: Last Cockroach Question

no matter where you go they will come

Comment

Re: Last Cockroach Question

I live higher than the 7th floor and I do see roaches from time to time.

Comment

if there is anyway for them to get into the ground floor at all then you will have them in the entire building doesnt matter they dont discriminate my mom used to clean house for the Dillinghams even they had roaches...

Comment

Try read my kakaroach horror story:

Da Kamikaze Kakaroach
                  Aloha,
                  Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana
                    Try read my kakaroach horror story:

Da Kamikaze Kakaroach
                    LOL hoooo da chicken skin I get from reading dat **shivers**

Comment

Are the cockroaches and spiders rampant around the honolulu area and in the dorms at the universities there??? HOw frequently would you see bugs there and do the scorpions etc. get inside a lot???

Comment

Originally posted by jlm
                        Are the cockroaches and spiders rampant around the honolulu area and in the dorms at the universities there??? HOw frequently would you see bugs there and do the scorpions etc. get inside a lot???
                        all the above mentioned bugs run rampant through our grass shacks here. We have learned to co-exist with them.
                        We hit them on the head and try to kill them, (or at least antagonize them enough to try the next grass hut... ) with our currency; the clamshell and the polished coconut shell, as well as try run them over with our large currency, the big round stone wheels...
                        http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/05...icronesia.html
                        Last edited by kimo55; March 20, 2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Some county workers came here today to clean storm debris out of our sewer lines. When they popped one of the manhole covers off and we looked down inside, there were (of course) lots of roaches scurrying around. But what amazed me was that I saw an albino cockroach! Pure white.
                          Anybody ever heard of that before?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jlm
                            I can't speak for the universities but it stands to reason that wherever there's a large gathering of people and food that's not disposed of properly the cockroaches are gonna think they're in heaven! There's no way to determine frequency. Rampant? Depends on the surroundings, I guess. I, personally, have not seen a scorpion inside a residence...but I did, once, have one in my car! I don't see spiders all that often and when I do, no big deal!

I did have an odd occurence earlier last week, tho'. I never leave the screen door open when at home because I don't want mosquitos inside. Consequently, I don't have a bug problem, in general, in my condo. I returned home after being gone for a few days and when I opened the front door I saw a huge fly that looked to have mistaken my living room for the airport runway. No biggie...a shot of bug spray would take care of it. Well, that one shot of bug spray brought out said fly's extended family. By the time the day was over, there were 15 belly up flies on my floor. I have no idea how they got inside. Three days prior I'd not seen even one of those buggers...and I'm reasonably certain they're not born that big!
                            Last edited by tutusue; March 20, 2006, 12:47 PM. Reason: damn typos!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              [...] But what amazed me was that I saw an albino cockroach! Pure white.
                              As a matter of fact...yes! Saw a baby one many, many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                                But what amazed me was that I saw an albino cockroach! Pure white.
                                that is the result of one of the many ways and means we here try to do away wit da buggaz:

often we spray em or douse em with clorox bleach to hopefully enjoy a slow agonizing death.
                                cruel and unusual punishment, i agree.
                                but it doesn't seem to do to much. exept help breed an albino strain.

Comment

Working...
                                X