Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Mosi Tatupu

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/bul...ead_at_54.html

Mosi Tatupu was probably the greatest high school football player in Hawaii.

Re: RIP: Mosi Tatupu

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Mosi Tatupu was probably the greatest high school football player in Hawaii.
    I'll go step further and take out the "probably."

Also a top flite special teams player in the NFL. He came up from very humble roots in Kalihi to become a true success story.

What a shock. R.I.P. Mosi.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

He was a good and gentle soul as well. A friend of mine testifies that Mosi defended him against homophobic bullying at school - given the culture at the time, that was really something, not many would risk that.
      Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
        He was a good and gentle soul as well. A friend of mine testifies that Mosi defended him against homophobic bullying at school - given the culture at the time, that was really something, not many would risk that.
        Awe man Aloha Mosi.

And Betsey, Willie Tufano defended me too at a football party in Boise against another football player that got too drunk and started swinging at anybody. Willie played for Boise State University then went on to play with the Seattle Seahawks. At that time I was a 130-lb Japanese kid up against a 300+ pound gorrilla linebacker. Willie sidelined that guy and carried him out of the house and bodyslammed him on the frozen yard. When it was over, he came over to me and asked me if I was okay. Ummm...that was cool.

One Samoan protecting a Japanese...and that was back in 1979.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

http://listing-index.ebay.com/athletes/Mosi_Tatupu.html

I remember seeing that The Simpsons episode and thought I heard wrong. Did they just say Mosi Tatupu? I guess one of the writers on The Simpsons was a New England Patriots' fan.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Ummm...that was cool.

One Samoan protecting a Japanese...and that was back in 1979.
            Yeah, that was cool. It's really refreshing when might and right line up together!
            Speak to the heart and the man becomes instantly virtuous. Emerson

Comment

Working...
            X