Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall-E

I'm planning on seeing this today.... looks like another Pixar masterpeice.
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Re: Wall-E

All I could think of when I saw the trailers was "number 5 is alive"
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Tomorrow is Kid2's 7th birthday, so we're planning on including this as part of the festivities. I can't wait!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I saw it at the Thursday night midnight showing. It was totally worth saying up till 2am to see. (Especially if you want to avoid a theater full of children.)

I keep wondering when Pixar is going to make a flop -- or even just an average movie. It still hasn't happened. Wall*E is brilliant.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely want to take the kids to this one!

ALoha

Comment

Cool. We'll have to take the kids to see it

Originally posted by zff View Post
            I keep wondering when Pixar is going to make a flop -- or even just an average movie.
            It wasn't a flop, but I wasn't terribly impressed with Ratatouille. For me it just didn't have that typical Pixar magic. One thing I noticed is Ratatouille is their most "human" movie. Everything else has been kinda cartoonish and more fantastic. I think that allows for more creative freedom.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Wall-E was fantastic. Visually stunning. A great story, in the vein of genuine cautionary-tale science fiction. Incredible "film" accomplishments - from paying loving tribute to the classics (from Buster Keaton to 2001), to conveying genuine heart via an inanimate object, to telling a sweeping story with a minimal of dialogue. Basically creating magic with machines and proving without a doubt that computer animation is both an art and a fantastic storytelling medium.

Yeah, it's that good.

And I'm not just saying that because of the handful of Apple Macintosh easter eggs scattered throughout. Really.

See it. A must-see for kids, but you know what? It's definitely worth seeing for adults, too. If you love movies, and particular sci-fi, "Wall-E" is going to seriously impress you.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                I saw it at the Thursday night midnight showing. It was totally worth saying up till 2am to see. (Especially if you want to avoid a theater full of children.)

I keep wondering when Pixar is going to make a flop -- or even just an average movie. It still hasn't happened. Wall*E is brilliant.
                Part of me understands what you mean about the kids, but you really have to behold a child in wonder, and I'm sure that opportunity arises during a showing of Wall-E.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Saw this movie today at the Ward Theater with Albert.

As a work of sci-fi with robots, ray guns, spaceships with a bit of comedy here and there it's an enjoyable movie to watch, but afterwards one has to think hey how come?

Comment

Another intelligent, funny, heart felt Pixar film...

This movie was so enjoyable, and i found myself laughing a lot more than i can remember compared to other great Pixar movies.

They really make you connect with Wall-E and the details and storyline are great.

For a movie with hardly any dialogue it really keeps you enthralled.

A+

and the short film at the beginning before the movie was HILARIOUS

for some extra Wall-E fun (i can get enough). Check out the "Vignette" videos on Apple's site:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle/index.html
                    Last edited by LocalMotion; June 28, 2008, 08:49 PM.
                    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

The Boy and I took the 3 year old to see it yesterday and we all loved it.

I thought it was more adult friendly than other Disney/Pixar films. Our 3 year old absolutely loved it because all he knows are robots are flying and cockroaches are crawling. There were a few older kids (around 7, 8 years old) sitting behind us and they didn't get much of what was said. Many of them left with "HUH?" looks on their faces.

I liked the themes presented in the movie, and I'm really glad Disney/Pixar decided to go there.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Delightful! The kids were spellbound! No potty breaks! I especially loved the references to other movies, like 2001 A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters, StarTrek (and I'm not a sci-fi fan!). I even heard music from Finding Nemo intertwined!
                        It was a very touching movie. I hope we don't let our planet get as bad as it did in the movie.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I missed the Star Trek reference, where was that in the movie?

Comment

If you liked the idea behind the story in Wall*E, check out the movie "Idiocracy". Unlike Wall*E, it's rated-R and definitely NOT for children. Created by Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead, Office Space, King of the Hill), it's full of crude frat humor, but its paints a dystopia future very similar to the one in Wall*E.

It's a future where, after generations of idiots outbreeding intellectuals, everyone in society is a complete moron. It's a world where the #1 show on TV is "Ow, My Balls", being "tarded" is an official medical diagnosis, and the president wears a gigantic prize belt. Two average-intelligence people from the present are accidentally sent to this future and are easily the smartest people in the world. I guess the movie didn't enjoy much commercial success, but I thought it was pretty funny.
                            Last edited by zff; June 30, 2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              I missed the Star Trek reference, where was that in the movie?
                              The space ship itself, floating in space? That worked for me. Star Wars, too? You can call me on it, I guess, but these are things that reminded me of those movies.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X