Thread: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: New Star Trek movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Perhaps, but I never felt that Spock, Data, Worf, and Odo took much of the story's content. When she came aboard, it was all about Seven.

i'd say that if VGR spent too much time on seven, then TOS spent too much time on spock ("he's half human, but he's half vulcan, so how much human is he really?" as if being two different species required a different math) and TNG on data ("even if i do not have a heart, in terms of physical sexuality, i am fully functional and well-versed in all techniques...cept i cannot speak a contraction and i cannot laugh").

the only diff is that the male trekkies/trekkers pay more attention to the emotionless, human/not-human characters when they have such big...brains...and wear skin tight outfits that emphasize such...brains.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213