This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 5

These were taken on the journey to the mysterious Cloud Forest above Kailua-Kona. You drive up Koloko from Mamalahoa to about 5000 ft elevation. At 5000 ft it was clear as a bell and you were above the clouds, but down below you were in the clouds.

Comment

Finally, two bells together and a view of Haleakala from the plane.

Comment

I took this shot today aboard "MIHA" for the first voyage with me as Captain!
        Part of the State required inspection for a slip or mooring at Keehi Small Boat Harbor is to make a run out the channel to the last buoy and back. Then going down the checklist of safety equipment, etc. I passed with flying colors of course. And it was a beautiful day!

I'll start another thread to rant about DOBOR (Dept. of Boating and Ocean Recreation) sometime. HaHa!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Have no idea why photo didn't appear? Trying again...

Comment

I'm starting to really dislike Flickr. Why'd they change everything!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              I'm starting to really dislike Flickr. Why'd they change everything!
              There's that face we know and love.... Congrats!!! Have a blast.

Comment

I took this shot today aboard "MIHA" for the first voyage with me as Captain!
                Part of the State required inspection for a slip or mooring at Keehi Small Boat Harbor is to make a run out the channel to the last buoy and back. Then going down the checklist of safety equipment, etc. I passed with flying colors of course. And it was a beautiful day!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBnBNZO3VSc

Comment

Spent a quick moment at Doris Duke's ocean pool (Shangri-La) today.
                  If you haven't been... or it's been awhile... go.
                  Last edited by Menehune Man; April 17, 2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Spent a quick moment at Doris Duke's ocean pool (Shangri-La) today.
                    If you haven't been... or it's been awhile... go.
                    How do you get there?

Can you check out the house without paying for a tour?
                    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                      1)How do you get there?

2)Can you check out the house without paying for a tour?
                      1) Find Kulamanu Street on the backside of Diamond Head.
                      Park along it as near Kulamanu Place as you can.
                      Walk down to the beach, then along the wall to the left and around the point.
                      Come ready for a swim and have an adventure!

2) No, I don't believe so.

Comment

Nice photos as always, folks!
                        Jim -- those Big Island shots of yours were awesome as always. We've come to expect no less from you!
                        MM -- nice to see you out enjoying MIHA. You must've been under power, since it looks like there was zero wind that day.
                        I also enjoyed the photo of Doris Duke's "pool" which I'm sure you know was originally built as a marina, not a pool. The small breakwater on the left in your photo was supposed to help reduce waves and swells, but it didn't work very well. But it makes it fun to dive in, waiting for the higher swells. It also looks like it was close to high tide when you took that shot.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          1)MM -- nice to see you out enjoying MIHA. You must've been under power, since it looks like there was zero wind that day.

2)I also enjoyed the photo of Doris Duke's "pool" which I'm sure you know was originally built as a marina, not a pool. The small breakwater on the left in your photo was supposed to help reduce waves and swells, but it didn't work very well. But it makes it fun to dive in, waiting for the higher swells. It also looks like it was close to high tide when you took that shot.
                          1) Yeah, she's only a power boat at this time. No mast yet. HaHa!
                          Have a new Honda 5hp outboard and an electric trolling motor as back-up.
                          It'll take a while to make MIHA sail again. Mostly money.

2) Yep! All true.

Comment

Isn't there also a surf spot there called "Cromwells"?

LocalMotion - pay for the tour. It's worth it! Contact Honolulu Academy of Art for tickets. or go to Shangri-La website.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                            X