Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by Maduro View Post
    Battery Bill... battery bill.... sorry, but I love Mel Cabang in that!!!
    Like Mel and his routine, but dont like the "Battery Bill" repeated over and over. However, it is effective because it's hard to get that out of your head.

An ad from a few years back I didn't like were the local Jiffy Lube ads were the employees "sang" the theme song while working. If that was a job requirement to be in the ads, I feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
      An ad from a few years back I didn't like were the local Jiffy Lube ads were the employees "sang" the theme song while working. If that was a job requirement to be in the ads, I feel sorry for them.
      Maaaaan, I love the first version of that Jiffy Lube ad! When they played it at Aloha Stadium on the Jumbotron, everyone would sing along.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I cannot STAND the Pearl Harbor Federal Credit Union commercial where they offer "pearls of wisdom" (if they were the slightest bit clever or funny they'd at least be tolerable, but they're not) and the one where they butcher "Let it Snow" and force their own lyrics to the tune. Of course their rendition, once again, is neither clever nor funny and sounds like crap.

Edit: this is actually a radio ad and I'm not sure if it's on TV or not, my bad.
        Last edited by StinkyTheGrump; January 5, 2010, 10:52 AM.
        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

The new Remington College ad where the pitchman starts off by speaking the lines of a song about "children" being our future, then saying that of course the college students aren't children (insinuating that the song does not apply to the situation). So why the heck is that song even mentioned? Whoever writes the Remington ads consistantly does a poor job. The older ad where the pitchman said how great a choice the college is because it is nearby good food ... that one really irked me.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            Like Mel and his routine, but dont like the "Battery Bill" repeated over and over. However, it is effective because it's hard to get that out of your head.
            I love the "Battery Bill" spot...and Mel's mugging is genius!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
              I love the "Battery Bill" spot...and Mel's mugging is genius!
              My 6-year old son is always singing, "Battery Bill...Battery Bill...Battery Bill" Yes his commercial is effective. I think that ad will go down as one that we will remember for a long time...you know like those Rinso Commercials?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                I don't like the Oceanic ads with the couple but its an interesting progression - from meeting (with her on another island) to dating to living together to marriage and now..................a baby? wonder how they're going to feature that?
                Is the guy from the Jersey shore? What is da local word for da Situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                  The new Remington College ad where the pitchman starts off by speaking the lines of a song about "children" being our future, then saying that of course the college students aren't children (insinuating that the song does not apply to the situation). So why the heck is that song even mentioned? Whoever writes the Remington ads consistantly does a poor job. The older ad where the pitchman said how great a choice the college is because it is nearby good food ... that one really irked me.
                  Since the school is in the building where I work, I especially notice those commercials. Seeing the students every day kind of makes me wonder what kind of "future" those commercials are talking about.

and of course - we do have about 10 restaurants in our building so the older ad does make sense.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The reaction shot of the overacting expressions of the patrons at the bar to Kimo from Waianae.

Comment

WB - what commercial is this?
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

http://www.yelp.com/topic/honolulu-a...ls-that-bug-me

O'Tooles.

Comment

The one for O'Toole's

Comment

I've never seen a commercial for O'Tooles!
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I've never seen a commercial for O'Tooles!
                              It's been airing for years. You could've easily seen it and not remembered the advertiser!

Comment

well then - according to your past statements, it's not very effective is it?
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X