Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    well then - according to your past statements, it's not very effective is it?
    Bingo! When WB first mentioned the reaction shot I could see the scene but I couldn't remember the name of the advertiser.

Comment

The ad for Jack's Tile And Stone has aired so darned often it's finally become quite annoying.
      That's the one with the young (3? 4?) child who, at the end of the commercial, says two sentences that are 99% unintelligible. (And she sounds like she's been inhaling helium.) I used to just ignore her saying "wefoih kjh ioubb vakjh. ljheg dhip oiht." But after a few months I decided to try to interpret what she was saying, so each time the commercial came on I'd try to pick out individual words. As best I can tell, she's saying "Call my Uncle Jack. He's the best."
      I think.
      The commercial has aired for at least a year, so they oughta re-shoot it and perhaps she's learned to speak better.
      Putting your kids/relatives in your commercial may be a cute idea, but not if they can't be understood.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        The ad for Jack's Tile And Stone has aired so darned often it's finally become quite annoying.
        That's the one with the young (3? 4?) child who, at the end of the commercial, says two sentences that are 99% unintelligible. (And she sounds like she's been inhaling helium.) I used to just ignore her saying "wefoih kjh ioubb vakjh. ljheg dhip oiht." But after a few months I decided to try to interpret what she was saying, so each time the commercial came on I'd try to pick out individual words. As best I can tell, she's saying "Call my Uncle Jack. He's the best."
        I think.
        The commercial has aired for at least a year, so they oughta re-shoot it and perhaps she's learned to speak better.
        Putting your kids/relatives in your commercial may be a cute idea, but not if they can't be understood.
        I've been waiting for someone to comment on this spot! Your interpretation is correct. It took me listening carefully at least 10 times to decifer what she was saying. She can't be more than 2 years old. Using family in commercials is a cost saving measure!

Comment

Aloha Kia's Cash for Clunkers spot, the one with the Obama voice imposter, has been run into the ground! Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            She can't be more than 2 years old. Using family in commercials is a cost saving measure!
            Shucks, he should pay her scale, get her a SAG card, and start up her Roth IRA...
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
              Shucks, he should pay her scale, get her a SAG card, and start up her Roth IRA...

Since it was a non-union job, she probably was paid scale...zero! Or, possibly, she got a new toy that she wanted!

Comment

There's a local carpet store with a new ad featuring an Obama look-alike pretending to be the president.
                The 'look-alike' is black, but other than that he looks as much like Obama as my avatar does.
                The actor's voice is about two octaves higher than Obama's, and he doesn't use any of Obama's inflections or pauses.
                Horrible ad. Pull it off the air. On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a zero.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't know if it's a local tv ad or part of a newstory. He mentioned he got goosebumps. He supposed to say he got chicken skin.

Comment

I suspect that the Aloha Kia ads with the rapping big rodents would fit into the Least Favorite National TV Ads thread but the way its aired here is done twice in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      There's a local carpet store with a new ad featuring an Obama look-alike pretending to be the president.
                      The 'look-alike' is black, but other than that he looks as much like Obama as my avatar does.
                      The actor's voice is about two octaves higher than Obama's, and he doesn't use any of Obama's inflections or pauses.
                      Horrible ad. Pull it off the air. On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a zero.
                      That is Sid Milburn who works at KITV, he also plays the part of Obama at the annual Gridiron plays. I read recently something about the White House not being happy with someone playing the part (i.e. his likeness) of Obama in advertisements...but this was a specific ad on the mainland and not this particular one in Hawaii.

Anyway Erika did a piece on this subject a couple months back:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/column...bama_ads.html#

Comment

Remington College ads continue to be an embarrassment to the students that attend the school. Are you afraid of "mean instructors" at college?? Then instead go to Remington, according to the pitchman (Tiny T.). Want a college to attend that is "Wow, just like High School"? Then go to Remington, he advises. If I was a student there, I'd be upset that I was being represented as not being able to emotionally hack it at a University.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

That one is bad, another one that has to go is "Poncho's" My solar guy, I mean it really Blows!!!

Comment

My solar broken, I don't know why.

I must call Poncho, my solar guy.

I buy, from him way back.

Save plenty money, my wallet fat.

He fix for me, he'll help you through.

Call Poncho Solar, that's what we do.
                            When I first saw that commercial, I thought, what da hell??? Talk about corny. But it's deliberate, and meant to stand out from all the other commercials that are supposedly more polished and professional looking.

Say what you want about the singer and the guitar music. The song is catchy and its stuck in my mind after several viewings. I know I'm not the only one who's able to recall the lyrics. So as far the composer of that jingle is concerned,.... well done. Mission accomplished.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Anything with Jake Shimabokuru and his smoking ukulele (or even without, as in those 'bug' commercials)!

I am so sick of seing his smiling phoney face on TV, I actually change channels to avoid it. BARF! (IMNSHO)
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                                Anything with Jake Shimabokuru and his smoking ukulele (or even without, as in those 'bug' commercials)!

I am so sick of seing his smiling phoney face on TV, I actually change channels to avoid it. BARF! (IMNSHO)
                                I despise those ads as well.
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X