View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalalau View Post
Yes men are wired to spread the DNA around, we know that, we accept that, its true of most males of most species, but we have our phase of sewing our wild oats, then we settle down and many of us become Fathers, a role that requires loving attentiveness to the growing flesh of our loins that relies upon us for very existence.
Perhaps you are right Lopeti, but it all comes down to personal responsibility. Regardless of what my "impulses" tell me, I am (we all are) responsibile for ourselves. That conscience is what should set us apart from common animals. Here in Cabo I see adults who are apparently the result of a liason by tourists with one of the local "hostesses." Maria, who is one of our gardeners, is about 35 years old and half black. There is no need to talk about her lineage, it is apparent. She is a wonderful person and good mother to her fatherless son. I could not participate in promiscuous unprotected sex knowing that I might father a child and then abandon them by going back to my life "back home." I love my children, and I know who each one of them are, and I support and protect them.

Ahnuld is a low life and deserves no respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
Tutu, I hear you and we are on the same page. However, there are many who are comfortable in an "open marriage" (matapule and uaifi are not one of those). I can think of Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower, Jack and Jackie Kennedy, and Bill and Hillary Clinton. If that kind of marriage works for them, then more power to them.

Blessed Be, Tutu.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Last edited by matapule; May 27th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.