View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Hollywood is quick to forgive if there's money to be made.
True, but it remains to be seen as to the full extent of damage this scandal will have on the ex-governor's reputation. Even now, the dirty laundry and allegations continue to dribble out, one after the other. And if the divorce proceedings get nasty,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Arnold's problem isn't just that he cheated on his wife. He cheated on a member of one of America's most beloved families. It shouldn't make a difference as cheating on a wife is enough. But Maria is untarnished and much respected. And, a Kennedy.
Certainly, the Kennedys do have their admirers. But what disturbs me the most about this affair is this: Arnold didn't father an out-of-wedlock child with someone he met out on the street or at some nightclub. He did it with a dependent employee. A subordinate. Already, this conjures up disgusting images of Arnold abusing his position of power to pressure and coerce his maid into having sex with him. Even if Arnold claims the affair was consensual, believe you me, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt if Mildred Baena says otherwise.