Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Party Wtih OnLine Friends From HT and Wala'au!

I waaaaannnna go. *sobs*

Hopefully you guys will have something going on this next summer.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Ok...no problem. Change date. I misunderstood your post.
      You rule, auntie
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

For whoever asked "What's wala'au?" it means talk story.

I wish I could go and meet y'all but I can't. I live all the way across the U.S. in the state of Maine. But have a good time and I'll send some aloha over to you! I hope you send some back to me too!

A hui hou!
        'Alika

Comment

It appears that December 8th is going to be some kind of day for me. First, some running friends from Kaneohe have invited me to attend the big pre-race party at the Waikiki Shell. For the most part, the "luau/concert" as the Honolulu Marathon web site calls it, is a standard all-one-can-eat carbo loading party typical at most big city marathons held in the USA. Only thing different here is that Honolulu usually provides well-known entertainers as well; this year runners and their guests get Gavin DeGraw (who I've personally never heard of) and Jake Shimabukuro, who was at the luau last year.

Then...I get to party with some HT'ers after the luau is all pau. Like I said, some kind of day! Fortunately, I will have Saturday to rest up for running what I think is one of the two best marathons in the USA, despite what some residents of Hawaii Kai think of it!

Whenever (if) this party does take-off as planned, I will be there, albeit a little bit later than the proposed 6PM start. It sounds like it could be a good time if we can get a decent turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
            It appears that December 8th is going to be some kind of day for me. Whenever (if) this party does take-off as planned, I will be there, albeit a little bit later than the proposed 6PM start. It sounds like it could be a good time if we can get a decent turnout.
            No worries it will. Having Members of both Forums come together ~ we WILL have a great turn out! I've received several responses already via email.

Now we just have to decide on where to hold it. Most likely at Oceans. Ok everybody? Christa, I'll PM you with my number so we can get the ball rolling!

Yeeha!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wherever it is, I'll make an attempt to be there, but be aware that Ocean is a club, and that at some point, if not immeidately, it's going to be dark and noisy. If that's the atmosphere we want for this thing, cool. If not, perhaps another option is out there. Unless I'm totally wrong about what it's like there after dark.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Wherever it is, I'll make an attempt to be there, but be aware that Ocean is a club, and that at some point, if not immeidately, it's going to be dark and noisy. If that's the atmosphere we want for this thing, cool. If not, perhaps another option is out there. Unless I'm totally wrong about what it's like there after dark.
                Isn't Oceans also Age 23 and over? (which might limit some HT users)

And yes... it is definately a club...and if you arrive there around 7 - 8 you may be waiting a few hours to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  [...]And yes... it is definately a club...and if you arrive there around 7 - 8 you may be waiting a few hours to get in.
                  PLUS...those good drink and pupu prices are Tuesdays only.

Auntie...Dec. 8 is the birthday of a friend of mine and I don't know yet if plans will be made for that night or another. So, at this point, I'm just a maybe.

Comment

heheheh.

If we keep changing dates it ain't gonna work.

December 8th is FINAL!

Oceans is out.

We need a place where we can talk story and kaukau at a reasonable PRICE!

Suggestions?

I be back...I gotta go Kaukau Wagon!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      heheheh.

If we keep changing dates it ain't gonna work.

December 8th is FINAL!

Oceans is out.

We need a place where we can talk story and kaukau at a reasonable PRICE!

Suggestions?

I be back...I gotta go Kaukau Wagon!

Auntie Lynn
                      I don't mean to be a pessimist Auntie Lynn...

However, the 8th is the Friday before the Honolulu Marathon... and the Roads are gonna be crazy as state and government employees get their paychecks on the 5th... and that Friday Evening will be the first time to shop for x-mas presents after that...

Plus the 30,000 or so people that will be participating in the Marathon will make anywhere in Wakiki pretty crowded...

However, if you can settle on some plans ASAP... I can tell you whether or not I can or can not make it.... I can't confirm till things get more commited...

And now you know why I never like host one Manoa's Get together!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        I don't mean to be a pessimist Auntie Lynn...
                        But you sure the hell are!

You always find a way to make a good thing look bad!

I know it's the Friday before The Honolulu Marathon ~ Surfingfarmboy comes to Oahu to participate in it!

I don't think anyone will suggest Waikiki as a place to hold our gathering.

There are many places in Honolulu that have Private Rooms in their establishments.

Please if you can't think Positive on this ~ SDFU!!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Here is a possible alternative... I know some of us are already planning on going to the game this day.... just throwing this out there.... I dunno... Just because it's at aloha stadium doesn't mean you have to attend the game...etc...

Dec. 2nd Aloha Stadium Parking lot 3:30 for a Tailgate/HT/X-mas thing...

Those that are already are planning on going to the game... were already there...just because of the Game...

Those that don't want to go to the game... can still Tailgate for a couple hours before the game?

Inspired by surfingfarmboys post: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...1&postcount=25

Of course we tailgate which means food/beer/talk story...etc...

Otherwise... I'm still waiting from 1stwahine on a final place and time as she seems to be the starter of this shindig....

I'm just trying to throw out some other options...(and it's only $3.00) for a car load of people to get into the stadium.... we could all meet at a pre set place...and follow eachother into the stadium....or just work the cell phone magic that so many others do...

However, that day... if we still haven't lost a game... it's gonna be a pretty big crowd.... so if you do want tickets to the actual game....

I suggest purchasing them in advance...
                          http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/tickets.html

Just throwing this out there....As I will be at the game any how....and I'm sure there will be some others of us from HT also there.

Comment

I'm going to both events noted in this thread. I will be attending both the OSU/UH football game and Auntie Pupule's hui of HT'ers. That said, I'm certain to add to the growing list of HT'ers I've met in person.

I agree with Manoa that the football game on Dec. 2 should be heavily attended...if it's not, why? If UH has run the table against the remaining teams on the schedule, that OSU game ought to be huge. In my opinion, the OSU game is going to be almost the "real" bowl game UH will play in this year; nobody the C-USA will bring over to the Hawaii Bowl is in the league with any Pac-10 member. (I really wish UH could somehow have made it into a bigger mainland bowl...that's how good I think they are this season.)

In any event, I bought my ticket to the OSU game last week at etickethawaii.com, and the best ticket I could get was in the Diamond Head end zone, about 29 rows up from Wili the Warrior. (Section EE, Row 29). And this was after putting numerous request to find a really good ticket. Usually, I can get a sideline seat on the makai side with no problem. Not this game. So if one wants to get into this game, it might be a good idea to get tickets now. I have indicated to other HT'ers that I will be meeting up with them at this game. It sounds like this will be a great opportunity to meet many of you HT'ers who support Na Koa. E O!

As for the bash on December 8..I'm going to be there as well, though like I said, I'm going to be running a bit late from the previous commitment to pre-race pasta meal at the Waikiki Shell. I don't think Auntie will mind! I promise I won't be too late!

Comment

Please if you can't think Positive on this ~ SDFU!!!!!
                              Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, posi.... dang!

Comment

Possible places to have the party on a Wed evening:

WARD: free parking, central HNL location, easy to find, reasonably priced places
                                --the rooftop bar at Dave and Busters (it's relatively quiet at that hour, there's plenty of space, they have food/drinks for adults and stuff to amuse kids (accompanied by adults)
                                --Campadres
                                --Old Spaghetti Factory

ALOHA TOWER: parking not free, but central HNL location, easy to find, reasonably priced
                                --Gordon Biersch (big restaurant with outdoor/indoor area, drinks, can accomodate large numbers of people)
                                --Tower Grill (new restaurant at Aloha Tower, relatively spacious)
                                --Don Ho's
                                --Campadre's

Lots of restaurants in Ala Moana that aren't overly expensive and have free parking:
                                --CPK
                                --Jackie's Kitchen
                                --Macaroni Grill
                                --Ruby Tuesday

I know that aren't the most exciting choices, but when you are looking for a place for lots of people of all ages that is centrally located and has decent parking, ya gotta sometimes settle for something more generic food-wise...

Whatever you choose, though, ya gotta make reservations soon. Everything that can accomodate larger groups gets booked up in Dec because of all the holiday parties for businesses, families, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X