Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I thought Dom DeLuise might have been gay until his son Michael DeLuise was a regular on 21 Jump Street.
    That proves that Dom did mate with a woman ... three times (so far I counted three sons).

Who became a bigger star, Grieco or Depp?
    Whoa, talk about jumping from one topic to another topic but still within the realm of Jumpstreet.

Now, who here would actually think that Richard Grieco would become a bigger star than Depp?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      And I have one word...
      Acting!
      Eric McCormack of Will & Grace: Gay or acting?

Sean Hayes of Will & Grace: Gay or acting?

The entire cast of Kids in the Hall: Gay or acting?

Da Bruddahs: Gay or acting?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Whoa, talk about jumping from one topic to another topic but still within the realm of Jumpstreet.

Now, who here would actually think that Richard Grieco would become a bigger star than Depp?
        I'm going to do the Six Degree of Separation of a Hawaii acting tie-in. Dustin Nguyen was a regular cast member on 21 Jump Street. I think Dustin Nguyen was on Magnum P.I.

Comment

No need to feel sorry for Loretta. At this point, it's absolutely fine that Loretta is known, locally, as the Oceanic mom. For quite awhile she was known for her role in the Harry and Myra Bankoh spots. Neither has/will hurt her. She's too good!
          I agree. The Oceanic spots are only being used locally. So there's no danger of Loretta somehow being typecast. If anything, it brings her some much deserved local recognition, since the vast majority of folks living in Hawaii have not had the chance to see her perform on stage.

And besides, Broadway afficionados tend to be much more open-minded folks than the masses whose tastes in entertainment are confined to TV and movies. It should be noted that it was through live stage productions that Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser M.D.) and Macauley Culkin (Home Alone) were given the opportunity to be taken seriously as adult actors, at a time when the TV/movie crowd had dismissed them as washed-up child-stars. So no, there's little chance that anyone in Broadway will look down upon Loretta or think less of her for being in those Oceanic commercials.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm going to do the Six Degree of Separation of a Hawaii acting tie-in.[...]
            I dated one of the writers of 21 Jump Street. Does that count as a Hawaii tie-in? Hmmm...maybe only 2 degrees!

Comment

I dated one of the writers of 21 Jump Street. Does that count as a Hawaii tie-in? Hmmm...maybe only 2 degrees!
              2 degrees?
              That's Cold.

Comment

I'm saddened at the commercials for the Live From The Lawn special, featuring our Grammy-nominated musicians performing at the Hawaii State Art Museum and hosted by Paula Akana.
                The voiceover on the commercials mentions that one of the performers is Mike Ka`a`awa. One too many A's there. Ka`a`awa is a community; Mike's last name is Kaawa. And I imagine he'd like it pronounced correctly, especially considering who put the show together.
                Irritating to hear it wrong, especially from people who, of all people, should know better.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The Hawaiian Airlines ad that features an "interview", where the lady states that 99% of Hawaii's people like to gamble. Nice ploy on the airlines part, trying to make gambling out to be something that EVERYONE does, so hurry and catch their Las Vegas flight.
                  "Everyone else does it" is usually reserved for trying to influence teens, I'm suprised that the Hwn Air ad people are pulling it on adults.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    The Hawaiian Airlines ad that features an "interview", where the lady states that 99% of Hawaii's people like to gamble. Nice ploy on the airlines part, trying to make gambling out to be something that EVERYONE does,...
                    Not everyone. It's ALMOST everyone (just 99%).

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      The Hawaiian Airlines ad that features an "interview", where the lady states that 99% of Hawaii's people like to gamble.
                      I must have been told a million times, "Don't exaggerate."

Comment

I haven't seen these ads on TV but they have been shown at the Ward Theaters before the movie starts for the last month or so. Something about being "eligible" but they are not saying "eligible" for what?

Comment

"Eligible" for membership at Hawaii State Federal Credit Union. Pretty clear on TV spots - haven't seen the theater versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            Not everyone. It's ALMOST everyone (just 99%).
                            I'll bet you're wrong!
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I must have been told a million times, "Don't exaggerate."
                              1,000,001 times now

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                I haven't seen these ads on TV but they have been shown at the Ward Theaters before the movie starts for the last month or so. Something about being "eligible" but they are not saying "eligible" for what?
                                Eligible for furloughs or bumping.

Comment

Working...
                                X