Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Astounding crash in Kaneohe

* bump *

Okay, it was a different crash but same general area, so...
    Yesterday I worked 8-1/2 hours during the day then played music for almost 5 hours on the windward shore last night. I left the Crouching Lion around 11pm headed back to Kaneohe and got all the way to Waikane Valley Road and BOOM came upon cops and flares. There'd been a fatal accident about 30 minutes earlier and of course the road was closed in both directions. The cop told me that the investigators hadn't even left the main station downtown yet and that the road would be closed for four to five hours.
    My home is about ten miles past the accident site, so do I wait or do I do the looooong drive around the north shore? I could park the car and walk, but no way was I going to leave my bass and an 86-pound amplifier alone in the car overnight on the side of the road and no way was I going to carry them ten miles. Well, if the road wasn't going to open until at least 3am and I usually get out of bed around 4:30am, I chose to do the drive.
    Clear back up the windward coast, clear across the north shore, down the H-2 to the H-1 to the H-3 and home, 68 miles later and almost exactly an hour and a half later.
    Got home at 1am, and according to that newspaper item that's exactly when they re-opened the road.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
    X