Disappearing eating establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing eating establishments

And the Pulse section of ThePaper announces that Downtown in the Hawaii State Art Museum can't make a deal on a lease and will close mid-September. A real loss . . .

http://www.honolulupulse.com/slider/...t-meal-sept-15

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Sounds like sellout garbage, of no use to any Oahu resident, makes Anderson's silly fairgrounds seem positively brilliant.
      No different from a restaurant I never visited. I hope it leads to mucho dinero in the tax coffers. I do enjoy seeing Japanese brides all decked out... where are those lawn chairs?
      Last edited by salmoned; August 16, 2012, 02:33 PM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Found out that the Arby's in Ala Moana closed down yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          Something old. Another one bites the dust. Pee Wee Drive-In, at the corner of King and Punahou, is closed for good. A local landmark for almost 50 years, it was one of those “old school” plate lunch hole-in-the-wall. Wonder what’s going to take its place.
          Yet another Subway sandwich shop. Just what we needed.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

From today's Star-Advertiser, Chai's Island Bistro is closing on December 31, after almost 15 years at Aloha Tower.
            Chai says his lease expires then and he's concerned about what the future is bringing to Aloha Tower, especially with HPU's offer to take it over and turn most of it into a dormitory. ( )
            Chai is goint to re-open in a new location next year, but he wouldn't say where.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              From today's Star-Advertiser, Chai's Island Bistro is closing on December 31, after almost 15 years at Aloha Tower.
              Never had the opportunity to eat there, but I'm sorry to see another popular venue for local entertainers close its doors.

Comment

Look's like all the Diego's Taco shops are pau. That sux.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It says in the second graf:

Chaowasaree is opening a new restaurant in the Honolulu Pacifica Building in February 2013. So the headline is misleading - the restaurant is moving, not closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                    It says in the second graf: Chaowasaree is opening a new restaurant in the Honolulu Pacifica Building in February 2013. So the headline is misleading - the restaurant is moving, not closing.
                    Well, Chai's Island Bistro is closing, and the new restaurant will be named "Chef Chai's at Pacifica", so... [/shrug]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

OH NO!
                      SA reports: "Byron's Drive-In near Honolulu Airport, the last of a group of family-run restaurants serving Hawaii for generations, will close at the end of February." "The restaurant's parent company, Pacific Food Services Inc., was informed that the landowner's plans will involve the demolition of the eatery, which opened in the mid-1960s."
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Byron's on Keeaumoku was the best - walmart/sam's now (over)occupy that spot

Comment

Bye bye shrimp burger
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                            Byron's on Keeaumoku was the best - walmart/sam's now (over)occupy that spot
                            Was there a Byron's on Keeaumoku? I remember Diner's was there, but I don't remember Byron's.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              Was there a Byron's on Keeaumoku? I remember Diner's was there, but I don't remember Byron's.
                              Yeah I think he meant Diner's.

Comment

yup - fading (faded) memory

Comment

Working...
                                X