Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: More old Commercials anyone remember these?

Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
    Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
    Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
    AH - JI - NO - MO - TO!

Lyrics to a catchy 1970s jingle about MSG;

or,....

The words uttered by a man whose toe got chewed up in an escalator.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Regarding WIGWAM, I recall a chain of TOTEM stores in the Pacific Northwest which seemed to be a similar operation. I wonder if there was any connection.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
        Yes, David Sunflower Seeds aired a local commercial in 1988. I'll try to put it up on youtube and link it later.
        ===================
        I would like to see that. In a strange twist of fate, I just discovered that I work with one the gals in those spots. I also just discovered that I know one of the guys that helped film/produce those commercials too. Hawaii is such a small place. You really have to be careful about what you say about other people, eh?

Comment

The girl that suffered the tiny wardrobe malfunction is now living in China.

I'll have it up this week.

Anyone remember the weed eater commercial that aired in 1976-77?

"weedeater...weedeater...weedeater..... (in a frog-like voice)

I used to say it in class while everyone was taking a math test.

Comment

"We must buy twenty to thirty good used cars right now. .... We think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much we think your old car is worth." Al Yim. He had a car dealership located "at the top of automobile row" back in the seventies. His ad, with those words ran a gazillion times on TV.

Who was that guy who owned Atlas Building Materials? Lee Chang! I just remembered. He was on all the time too back in the seventies, except his accent always made it sound like Atrass Building Materials.

Haven't thought about those dear departed salesmen in a long time.

Comment

I was just reading back a few pages and someone asked about Bill Baist. I believe he still works full time in sales at Oceanic and does afternoon drive on KUMU.

Comment

I got into the habit of rerecording around commercials back then and I don't have it in its entirety. But you can see the girl reaching for the Sunflower Seeds.

Here it is - a bit blurry (thanks to poor youtube upload quality) and only 4 seconds of it. If you want a sharper copy (it's under 1 meg) email me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogChZwnaz8c

Comment

[quote=PearlCityMike;186406]The girl that suffered the tiny wardrobe malfunction is now living in China.

I'll have it up this week.
                  quote]
                  ===================
                  My coworker described her part as a gal in a lime-green swimsuit and she rolled over to get the sunflower seeds. I saw the video you posted and it sure looks like her.

Comment

How did that pass in the approval process? Or was it put together by a predominantly male production team? I'm thinking the latter. Why would you even have someone rollover to grab sunflower seeds anyway? My point exactly!

DIRECTOR: OK, lie on your back, and when we tell you to, rollover and grab some seeds. OK, roll the dolly (Looks to me like they used a dolly to get this shot) ACTION! NO! Try that again. ACTION! Sorry, the lighting was bad, try again. ACTION! No, I'm not feeling the performance. Guys, we're going to keep doing this until we get it right!

On a semi-related note, I somehow ended up watching a commercial spot for Club Rock-Za on Youtube. Judging from the hair, probably made in the late 80s/early 90s.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAJF...eature=related
                    Last edited by tvguy; March 3, 2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
                      Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
                      Aji - Aji - Ajinomoto!
                      AH - JI - NO - MO - TO!

Lyrics to a catchy 1970s jingle about MSG;

or,....

The words uttered by a man whose toe got chewed up in an escalator.
                      That must have been Aji's toes cuz he no moa!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My cousin was in the one of the Exchange commercials...

...Exchange goes down, down, down and around, round, round...

I'd like to find a copy of that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Beuret View Post
                          I was just reading back a few pages and someone asked about Bill Baist. I believe he still works full time in sales at Oceanic and does afternoon drive on KUMU.
                          Here's a story on Bill:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/07/07/f...flashback.html

Comment

The things you find on youtube: The famous Jade Moon Zippy's commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgZp...eature=related

Comment

WOW, I haven't seen that commerical in ages. What year did that run? How old was Jade back then? I always thought the girl in that commercial was a teenager but now that I'm looking at it again I'm guessing she must have been in her 20's. I also wonder if this was before she went by Jade and if she was still using her real name back then.

Lots of good memories, thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                                The things you find on youtube: The famous Jade Moon Zippy's commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgZp...eature=related
                                Such a blast from the past! I cast that commercial in my dining room, early 1980s. Thanks for the link, tvguy.

Comment

Working...
                                X