Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

I walked to get my nightly snacks at Fuji Market on N. King Street. The traffic coming from Beretania on to Dillingham Blvd. like a standstill. The traffic going straight towards N. King Street is no better.

Lucky, I live MWH!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's 8 p.m. and we're still on Nimitz under the viaduct. The post office is in sight!

I'm on a Treo. Battery about drained, though. But! I solved my no-iPod adapter problem... I'm listening to podcasts ("NPR's Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!) on my MacBook.

Comment

Dang dude... I really feel for you ! Cars must be dieing and running out of gas causing all kine other problems.... at least the sun is down now and it's not too hot!

So when you gonna create a marketable "jet pack"?

Comment

I was gonna ask "what post office?" till I remembered the main office is down there.

Good grief. At this rate you might get home at midnight.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Lucky I live Palolo Valley... commute home tonight didn't take much longer than normal...

Comment

I biked home from downtown to Kalihi -- same commute time as always. My wife just got home, and she says that King Street was completely backed up, from Kaimuki through to Kalihi.

Comment

I really feel for you folks stuck in traffic, making alternate plans to stay in town if you live out west or up north. I'm also thinking about those with kids in the car, little ones, big ones, by now probably all cranky ones! And let's not touch the subject of potty breaks.

And is our government paying attention? Why is our infrastructure so incapable?

My heart also goes out to the dude who was transporting the crane.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

C'mon... How much you wanna bet the guy who wrecked the bridge was debriefed and sent home two hours ago?

It's 8:40, four hours since I left downtown, and I'm about 100 yards from Valkenberg. Everybody wants into each other's lane, and no one's getting anywhere any faster.

And man... Lavagal just _had_ to mention potty breaks...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    C'mon... How much you wanna bet the guy who wrecked the bridge was debriefed and sent home two hours ago?

It's 8:40, four hours since I left downtown, and I'm about 100 yards from Valkenberg. Everybody wants into each other's lane, and no one's getting anywhere any faster.

And man... Lavagal just _had_ to mention potty breaks...
                    Oh, man. All that bottled water people carry in their cars has gotta go somewhere eventually, doesn't it?

Comment

Czar-kwan, you should just head to the Pagoda and call it a night...

pax

Comment

The Pagoda's back the other way about 6 miles!

I could put him up out here, though. Since he's been here before he knows the way.

There are a bunch of comments at the Advertiser's story. This one blew me out of the water:
                        Left Kaiser Permanente Moanalua at 3:30. Got home in Aiea at 5:30. What is normally a 5-10 minute commute took 2 hours!!!!! Took me an hour just to get past the Panasonic building in Halawa. There were times when I even put my car on park.
                        Two hours to go from Red Hill to Aiea???

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br17p.html
                        Last edited by Linkmeister; September 5, 2006, 09:26 PM. Reason: Comments at Advertiser story about this

Comment

My wife called from work a few minutes ago to tell me that she might have to pull a double-shift at Kaiser Moanalua (her swing and a graveyard) because people can't get to work much less leave the hospital.

Comment

It's 9:35 p.m., five hours out. I JUST crossed Valkenburgh and am finally under open sky. I wish I was kidding.

Kamehameha Highway is a parking lot, but we're taking it over H-1 (which is being forced off at the next exit anyway).

You should see the area here. Dozens of cars pulled over onto the grass, people just hanging out, sleeping, walking off perhaps to forage for food. Unreal.

And my battery's dead, just about. Wish me luck!

Comment

This is amazing. It's reminding me of the old Cosby comedy routine (even though I know this isn't funny for the people stuck in it) about Noah. The Lord tells Noah He's gonna make it rain for 4000 days and "drown 'em right out." Noah thinks for a minute and then says "Listen. Let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and wait for the sewers to back up." The Lord says "Ri-ight."

If anybody wants to seriously mess with Oahu, just screw up the freeway going East-West. I hope the Civil Defense people are taking notes.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                It's 9:35 p.m., five hours out. I JUST crossed Valkenburgh and am finally under open sky. I wish I was kidding.

Kamehameha Highway is a parking lot, but we're taking it over H-1 (which is being forced off at the next exit anyway).

You should see the area here. Dozens of cars pulled over onto the grass, people just hanging out, sleeping, walking off perhaps to forage for food. Unreal.

And my battery's dead, just about. Wish me luck!
                                Er, car battery or Treo battery? I hope the latter!

Comment

Working...
                                X