Whew! 17-10 Navy next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew! 17-10 Navy next

A nailbiter, but we dodged another bullet and live to welcome Navy to Aloha Stm. and hopefully sink their ship.

Sorry, Dick. But we've got a bowl game to shoot for!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Whew! 17-10 Navy next

What do you think of UH's kicking game performance?
    I would be for it.

Comment

Actually, I waited all week for the game and at game time I got online and forgot until even the post-game was over.

How'd you like my Les Keiter-ism about the nails?
      Whoa Nellie! Thank you, Dick Lane.

Comment

Thomas Magnum IV wants Navy to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          I wonder who the Whitehouse will be rooting for?

My Cal Bears beat #14 Stanford in the Big Game yesterday to retain the Axe. Some days are diamonds!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            I wonder who the Whitehouse will be rooting for?
            Harvard.

You better believe the President was beaming after his alma mater beat the Yalies yesterday in college football's oldest continuing rivalry.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              After beating Notre Dame for only the second time this millennium and with a bowl game in the bag, I can understand why it'd be hard for Navy to keep their attention on this one. Of course Niumatalolo personally can't afford to mess up in front of the family fan base.

But all that's really important for the rest of Navy's season is beating Army.

It's also a stunning coincidence how many colleges, including USNA, are sending their recruiters & admissions staffs out here over the next few months to help eager high-schoolers with their applications...
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Hawaii got some momentum going. Interesting to see if they can keep it up. Big task in stopping Navy's outside running.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

They can't, but they'll still give it some good season ending effort and have these experiences to build on for next year.
                  This has been an odd season for the UH, we lost the mo and recruiting edge we had going, but for the coaches and players that will return, it will have been beneficial in the long run.
                  The lines should be better, more seasoned and cohesive, Moniz and Austin will be quite servicable for a few years, and with Salas and Bryant as targets, I think we can look forward to a better 2010.

Still, it would be awesome to stun the oddsmakers these next two games.

Go Bows!

Comment

UH played its best all around game this year in their victory over Navy.

Comment

good job by UH's defense, holding Navy to 30% on 3rd down conversions. key stat right there...allowed Hawaii a chance to try and score.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Well shut my mouth with a shazaam hoo-doggies!

Friggin unreal.
                        With this win, UH salvages the season, showing the 6 game stumbles were character builders that the team learned from and put to good use. That's what a good team does.
                        Awesome!

Now we can say with all seriousness, bring on Wisconsin!

Go Bows!

Comment

Re: Well shut my mouth with a shazaam hoo-doggies!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          Friggin unreal.
                          Now we can say with all seriousness, bring on Wisconsin!
                          This should be an interesting game, not so lopsided as one would have thought a few weeks ago.

UH is to be congratulated on their performance this season, when they were on a rebuilding phase, coupled with a lot of injuries.

Next season should be great!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Excellent game! My only gripe is with Coach McMackin's decision in the fourth quarter to go for that 4th-and-1 (which we didn't get) instead of kicking the field goal, which would have ensured the victory. Yeah, we still won, but. Bad call, Coach.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Since my many frustrating years of being an LA Ram fan and having watched so many field goals miss and cost us games, I've long been an opponant of FGs, and we've seen that play out too often again this year with UH.
                              This may have been the wrong call this particular time, or maybe Coach knew something we don't yet, but I'm hoping it's a sign that Coach has finally decided against them, even if we occassionally suffer for it. I'd rather lose swinging for the fence, except in rare/odd circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X